Wire feed welders (MIG) Update

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not too bad...your voltage looks a little low except for the top one.

Let's see the backside.

Now that you have run some beads. Do some butt and corner joints to see how they look.

Last edited:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Not too bad...your voltage looks a little low except for the top one.

Let's see the backside.

Now that you have run some beads. Do some butt and corner joints to see how they look.

The voltage could be a little low. I turned it down to try and slow the arc to match my electrode speed. I'll post pics of the back tomorrow.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I forgot you have taps for voltage. You might be close as you can get or reduce the gap a little. Might slow the wire down a bit too.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Yah, that's less than 30 min arc time. I'm still working on my electrode speed and arc lengths. From what I understand the electrode speed for MIG is some where between 30 to 50% faster than for stick...................................... old habits die hard......LOL

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yah, that's less than 30 min arc time. I'm still working on my electrode speed and arc lengths. From what I understand the electrode speed for MIG is some where between 30 to 50% faster than for stick...................................... old habits die hard......LOL
That looks good for the short time you have been doing it. Takes me awhile to get the hang of it again after I haven't used my MIG welder for awhile.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I'll post some additional pics when I time to play a little more.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I'll post some additional pics when I time to play a little more.

I think you now understand how easy and likable MIG welding is. Seems you picked it up quickly as well. And since you now can weld things, it opens up a hole new field of DIY projects as well. :thumb: