Capacitor gurus

bigdee

Commander
Glad you figured it out limited. You really had me off track. Your #11 post stated the compressor would not run. You also said that when compressor tried to come on it drained enough current to cause fan to slow down. You were also asking about the compressor run capacitor. My point, it was impossible to make a diagnosis with the data you provided.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
The rest of the story.....so I replaced the compressor cap, same sheet.😱😱 the blower/condensor fan starts gets up to speed and stalls out. This time when its stalled out I push it in the direction it turning and it's rubbing on something. So I rotate it backwards and it frees up and repeates the stalling out. I do this several times then turn the unit off. Closer inspection of the axial fan revieals a crack in one of the blades. The crack was causing the blade to flair out and rub on the shroud. It was flairing out in a manner that held it aginst the shroud until it was turned off and could flex back. After finding the crack I pushed on the blade and it broke off. I powered the unit up and it ran fine except for a vibration from the unbalanced fan. The fan is NLA😢. So it's going to run with a vibration until it cools off enough here and I can pull the unit apart and find a crossover/replacement axial fan. Thanks again for all the responces👍👍👍

LT, is that fan blade a slip on the shaft type with a set screw? If so, search EBay for a similar diameter and shaft opening. And there should be something on there that would work. Could even make a few visits to some small appliance repair shops and see what they have available.