Boat for sale. Any Advice?

Jhm1992

Cadet
Hey fellow boaters,

I am from Southern California, and I am selling my 1999 Regal Pleasure 20' with a 4.3 fuel injected Volvo Penta engine and SX outdrive. I've posted it on Craigslist and a Facebook "For Sale" page, and I've gotten plenty of views and questions, but no serious buyers yet. The boat runs great and is in good condition and my asking price "$5800" I believe is fair. Can anyone point me in the right direction to help me sell it with minimal posting fees. Thanks for your help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You have the cheapest listing fee already. Some times you need to bite the bullet or sit on it for longer than you want. iboats does have a paid listing service - http://www.iboats.com/sell-a-boat/

How long has it been on the market?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
One more thing - We can't sell in the forums, but you can if you do use the iboats service and link to the iboats ad.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Put it on boattrader.com

I tried looking up your model on NADA and couldn't find it. Maybe that's part of your problem.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
So..I just found your ad on Craigslist...I think. You make no mention of the drive type(although you can see the drive in the picture) or engine type and no real model name or number. You need to revamp your ad.

Get rid of the picture of the dopey guy holding the fish! :)

00k0k_VhjycyUGCQ_600x450.jpg

This is your ad right?

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I just figured out what model boat you have based on your picture. You have a 19' boat...not a 20' boat. Put the correct model number in your advertisement. It should be in the title! It's a 1900 LSR. Put in the size engine and drive that you have. Take better pictures. Include a picture of the engine. Go on boattrader and look at the type of pictures a dealer puts in the ad and include the exact types of pictures. Do not have people in the pictures.

The first picture is the picture that gets put in the thumbnail for the craigslist search. That picture needs to be a side view of the whole boat. Not a picture of the interior.

You said in your add it needs a steering cable or something like that. Fix that!!

Your price is a very fair price and you will get it if you advertise it properly.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1999...0147316/values

Last edited:

Jhm1992

Cadet
It actually just sold!! Thank you guys for all the advice and I will definitely keep all of this in mind next time I try to sell a boat.