Computer question

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Have a question about a CD installation. I have a CD that I Installed in two different computers. They work OK. Tried to install in another computer Spare) ; and a box pops up telling me I must find or choose another path. Even tried to run it as Administrator; same thing. The other two work OK. Anybody have a clue?

thumpar

Admiral
Yea, what program? Could be your main drive is D: or another letter that is not C. Some programs don't like that.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
It is a CD containing some files of family history; some pixs; and other personal stuff. Nothing that has been copyrighted (As far as I know). This is a CD sent to me by my SIL; so I'm guessing it is a copy off of her original. It just seems strange that it worked on two; but not one.

southkogs

Staff member
Is it installing off an EXE program or are you copying a file to a directory?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What program is the stuff opening up in on the two successful computers, also if windows what versions of windows is on each machine?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Talked to my SIL over the weekend. She told me that one of her kinfolk had the same trouble on her computer. She is sending me her original to try to install it.

South: copy and put into a file.
MT: All are HP Laptops; all with Windows 7 ultimate.

southkogs

Staff member
Try copying it to the desktop of the last computer, and then move it from the desktop to the new directory. Might be a read/write permissions error.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Followup! Original CD came in the mail. No problem installing it. Thanks for the help!