So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yep, we entered hardwater season. Noticed the lake is froze over now. I only wish I still had a motorhome in the keys, thanks irma...

Paglu

Recruit
[FONT=&quot]I just started designing my outer kitchen. I found a website [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that would help me determine the type of water heater. I found I would need tankless water heater, the cost of which would dwarf any savings due its size and portability. It just wasn't economical for us. Has anyone used one of these type water heaters in their outdoor kitchens? I want a small on-demand unit to use for sink use, washing dishes mostly. Which one can give me advice on this issue.[/FONT]

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Welcome.

I installed an electric one in my shop. It took a 60 amp 240 volt circuit so that may not be right for you. It works great. Initial cost is about the same as a tank.

Maybe a propane or natural gas unit would work better for you but I didn't have either available at that time.

It does take running the water a bit to get up to heat. No flow, no power. A trickle won't turn it on. Full bore on mine makes it just right for my hands. Slow it down and it gets too hot.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Dropped off and picked up my best friend for a double scope test(throat and rear end).Everything seemed ok .Talked to his g.f yesterday and she told me he is riddled with cancer and theres zero hope.She asked me to let him tell me in his own time frame .Took everything I had today to feign ignorance when he stopped by to borrow something.I will say nothing till he tells me.This is killing me,he,s the second best friend to have cancer under 50 years old.Last one was hard as my mom died of a massive brain hemoridge (sp)and my bf died of pelvic cancer hours apart from each other.Needless to say yesterday sucked.My friend is truly one of those genuinely good people who will go out of his way to help others that are close to him.

southkogs

Staff member
... he is riddled with cancer and theres zero hope ... This is killing me,he,s the second best friend to have cancer under 50 years old.
That's hard. Will keep both of you in my prayers.

Been laying laminate flooring at my mother-in-law's the last few evenings. It's super easy ... until I hit the closets! Last night was endless notching and ripping.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Just finished up building 2 more AR-15's, and hoping that my wife will get me a newer bigger gun safe for Christmas!

:lol:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well the other day I busted my fender flare in 3 chunks.Went to the local Canadian tire store today and picked up a kit from dominion sure seal and am now repairing the flare.Its a bumper repair kit with glue,2 part epoxy and a role of reinforcing material.Once it dries and a little sanding and painting should be good to go.

StarTed

Pushed out the driveway.

Don';t have a snow plow but my backhoe with the 8' 4 in 1 bucket can push lots of snow. I just have to be careful or it'll dig out the road. I have about 600' of driveway from the paved road and a large circular drive over to the shop.

It's finally warmed enough to start raining but it's not expected to drop much. Have a good 6" of snow.

Next week end it's supposed to get even colder than it's been. Maybe into the teens.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Attempting to stay ahead of the ice dam on the roof. I have one small area that does it, I will address the insulation in that area next summer.

southkogs

Staff member
That's hard. Will keep both of you in my prayers.

Been laying laminate flooring at my mother-in-law's the last few evenings. It's super easy ... until I hit the closets! Last night was endless notching and ripping.
As of today - mission accomplished.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Today I came to the unpleasant realization that I am now out of 75w real light bulbs. Oh how I hate these darn politicians....

dwco5051

Commander
Pushed out the driveway.

Don';t have a snow plow but my backhoe with the 8' 4 in 1 bucket can push lots of snow. I just have to be careful or it'll dig out the road. I have about 600' of driveway from the paved road and a large circular drive over to the shop..

I know that drill well. I have about 900? of gravel drive, a large area in front of my shop, a three car parking space about a 100’ down from the house that doubles as a turn around space for trailers as it is opposite the shop drive, and a large area up at the end in front of my attached two car garage. Used to do it with a walk behind snow blower but I got tired of replacing the shear bolts from gravel getting in the auger. I now use my skidsteer with a five foot bucket. Isn’t too bad once the ground is frozen hard but requires constant adjusting the controls to keep from gouging up stone.

First snow last week was only about three inches. Should have been a piece of cake if I didn’t have to replace a gelled up fuel filter first. At least I don’t have to worry about hurricanes, fire ants, and shaking my boots out in the mornings to get the scorpions out.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Eye sight is a little off lately so I called and made an app to get checked out and get new glasses.Its been 5 years since the last one.Wow, I never realized I neglected my eyes for that long.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Spent as much time as I could avoiding Iboats, getting way to difficult to follow and read with the colors and the new design! I have been doing forums for a long time and I can't say that this change is for the best.

:grumpy:

StarTed

Went down to Long Lake today.

At first it was snow/rain then solid rain. The lake is ice free so fishing was OK.

Took 3 hours to catch a limit. 14" to 16+" stocked trout

Came home soaked. My rain gear in back of the jeep stayed dry. :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I went snowmobiling with my daughter. 50 miles on the trails.... :)