So, what did you do today?

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Did you harvest them yourself or are the done the easy way?

Looking good.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Did you harvest them yourself or are the done the easy way?

Looking good.

These are disgustingly expensive, non-GMO, super special or whatever birds from my buddy. Oh, free range also,...totaly PC, politically approved.

Actually 3 are, one I sneaked in a $12 fresh butterball. I am hoping no one can tell the difference so I can save a 150 next year.

It's not me, it's the guests that demand these birds

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They demand?????? Pfffftttt. Tough to beat a Butterball..........

82rude

Rear Admiral
Silly piece of trivia jakedaawg.If your guests eat tomatoes they were actually genetically modified in the 1930,s!Before then tomatoes tore and bruised easily.On a good note for me i just got back from canadiantire and im done christmas shopping,woo hoo!!!!Black friday sale so i saved a ton.another bonus.4 day sale so not bad crowd though i heard there was a fistfight over a ladder yesterday.Pretty friggin sad.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Keeping on thanksgiving do you know the largest turkey ever was in England at 86 lbs!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Going to head out to my deerstand in the rain. Thankfully it's a ground blind hut and I'll crank the heat. Basically a tent. Should be noisy......

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Still digesting.

Some people think that just because we have a well we get free water.

Last night we ran out of water. We found that the pump was not running.

I checked the power. It was fine to the control box but not to the pump. This is after the pressure switch.

Today the pump maintenance guy came out and fixed it. Turns out that the pressure tank was waterlogged and the pump tripped out from cycling too often.

Lots of people here visiting put more stress on the pumping by pulling water frequently and flushing the toilets.

$162.15 later we're back in the water. I also got the start and run capacitors checked as well as the relay. Now I'll be checking the air bladder annually instead of once every 10 years or so. Kind of like checking your tires once every 10 years.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
@82rude

How is the back coming along? I hope much better. I thought of you as I attempted to stand up this morning and my body said "Heck No!".

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I had my neck fused last November. It has taken an entire year to be somewhat close to normal. Avoid chiropractic and surgery imho...i am convinced that chiropractic led to my surgery. Just one guys opinion. I am still up in the air as far as whether or not the surgery was the right choice. My pain was I tolerable

82rude

Rear Admiral
No issues with my body cracker atall,he,s helped me several times .As for the surgery I believe its a minimally invasive type that trims some of the bone to give the nerves room .I don't know the name of the exact procedure right now but its suppose to be very successful .No giant rush as long as I don't get caught up in the latest fad of cutting people of their pain meds to make the govt and the simple minded feel better about the opioid problem.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I had my neck fused last November. It has taken an entire year to be somewhat close to normal. Avoid chiropractic and surgery imho...i am convinced that chiropractic led to my surgery. Just one guys opinion. I am still up in the air as far as whether or not the surgery was the right choice. My pain was I tolerable

I have a couple slipped disks in my neck, I was told to stay away from a chiropractor. Saw a surgeon at Mayo. He said to hold off on surgery even tho they're pushing into my spinal cord. One more than the other. His reasoning was, if I have surgery now, 3 yrs ago at 52, there would be a good chance I would need it again because of all the extra stress being put on the disks above and below the fusion. I chose not to have it. For the most part my neck is doing fine... Not saying I won't be under the knife eventually. He said most people wait until they're practically crawling into his office begging for surgery...

southkogs

Staff member
Do a Google search on Neurostructural Therapy. Somewhat like a chiropractor they are an alternative, but rather than dealing in the bones (hence all the crunching) NST deals in the muscle and connections. No hard jolts or crunching.

There's a lady near us who does this therapy and I've used it a few times with great results.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Today I became a contortionist.Replaced the blower motor resistor which is up under the passenger side on the f150 4x4 (2003).There goes the back again!54 bucks at ford,20 and up on line or most of the bay plus shipping.Found it also on the bay for 8 bucks free shipping from china (go figure).Took 2 weeks from over there vs anywheres in the U.S.A because most go by that global shipping plan that I swear to god means we ship it around the globe before you get it.Works great now .

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nailed some trim back on the house and me and the wife went for a long ride in the Jeep... :) Before they salt the roads..... :(

82rude

Rear Admiral
Had a severe attack of the automotive stupids the last few days.Keys wouldn't work hardly atall in any door or tailgate so brightboy here goes and prices new key.54CND programed .Fella says have you lubed them lately ,I said I'm sure I did last year but will do again.Lubed with 3 in one pro penetrating oil.Work slick as can be again .Why the heck didn't I think of that a couple of years ago,i must be getting oldtimers disease early.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well that time of year us northerners love is finally here.Snowblower season! About 1 month later than last year though.City grader went up my street 8 times the other day .