So, what did you do today?

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Changed the bucket on my backhoe. Took off the narrow one without teeth and put on a wide one without teeth. Also greased it up good and found 3 grease fittings that were not taking grease. Replaced 2 and fixed the 3rd.

Have to dig several test holes tomorrow for a perk test at 50 acres of raw land my daughter and family are buying in preparation for their new place to live. I:t's about a mile from our home. They'll be building new house, shop, barn etc.

Still need to weld up some cracks in the 3rd bucket that has teeth. In the past I have hooked 1 tooth in this basalt rock and it'll drag the backhoe around or otherwise stall out the hydraulics. There is a lot of hard rock around here. It can be difficult to find a spot for the drain field.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well went to the store and got a couple things i needed.On the way home i have the truck in 4x4 and am going 25mph,light turns red several hundred feet ahead of me put on the brakes and all hell brakes loose.Sideways ,fishtail,etc thank god i didnt hit anybody.It is super greasy out there.I will have to go out tomorrow and let a few pounds out of the tires.Forgot i had them aired up for heavy loads.Better find a few hundred pounds for the back also.Guess i better call the city so they can sand that area its very dangerous and i was going well under the speed limit.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, another Friday night safety meeting....usual crew of self employed folk...surprisd tonight was a drop in from the summertime sandbar crew....up from Lansing, they stopped in to the shop...nice to see summer folk when there is ice on the roads...Good Times Had by All...

StarTed

Dug 5 test holes for a drain field. Hit water in the bottom of the last one. Hope it won't be a problem since it's below 4'. The soil was dry below about 15".

Weather was in the 30's and raining.

The area is either fine silt or solid rock with an occasional separate rock here and there.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, this morning I drove around traverse city. I have determined that it is impossible to buy quality tools now with the advent of the internet to force chineseium tools on us.

Does no one require dependable and repeatable performance any more?

All I was looking for was a set of good twist drills...norse or Presto or...american or Brit made...simple right? NoT...

Just a simple M2 grade molybdenum twist drill, too much to ask for?

I think I am going to have to become part of the problem and figure out how to buy online...i just don't think you save much once you pay the shipping...i don't ha e credit cards or debit cards.. .I do not trust the interwebs...

I am too old...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
No Title

Score, found them at the bottled gas distributor of all places.

Attachments

• photo280969.jpeg
    photo280969.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0

82rude

Rear Admiral
Score, found them at the bottled gas distributor of all places.
Around 100 give or take a few?Today i changed the oil in the toro snowblower.Flushed her out with varsol and then a bit of extra fresh oil then filled with troybilt 30w for snowblowers.Speaking of chinesium i went to ford to get a price on a blower motor resistor assembly,54 bucks! Bought it on ebay for 6.99 from china with free shipping.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
No Title

Good deal on the snappy candy truck today. Needed to replenish the pliers that are on the bottom of the lake anyways. Actually less than the channel lock set I was going to buy.

Attachments

• photo281037.jpg
    photo281037.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 0

StarTed

Jakedaawg, looks like you have about an 8 year supply. :)

My wife's Prius seems to loose 1 lug nut a year after taking it to the dealer. I picked up a 20 year supply.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
A lug nut on a prius could be substantial, guessing that might be a whole % of the mass of the thing. I actually saw one of those little cars yesterday...it about ran me over. I think I would have faired pretty well, there wasn't much to it and I am really fat. I can't get over how quiet the thing was, I never heard it coming.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Top sirloin was on for about 3 bucks U.S.D. a pound so i bought a whole bunch.Next time they have the primerib steaks on for 3.50 lb im going to get about a hundred bucks worth,their excellent.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Jeezus almighty what did i do?Well i was washing the walls in the house and picked up a hamper to move.My back screamed bloody murder and im now crippled and in massive pain.I mean a direct injection of a massive dose of morphine pain.Last time this happened i was out of action for a month or more.Takes me forever to more even a blasted foot.I cant win for losing lately.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Walked a few miles in the woods. No deer yet. Did see a monster..... But he was on the road, followed him in, and he proceeded to zig more than I zagged. Moby today.......

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
You and me both....I messed up my groin or something...feels like you gotta take a leak, hurts like hell when I move....and people keep dropping boats to wrap off...

82rude, I feel for ya...whiskey (whisky for you accros the border types) and vicodin....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Walked a few miles in the woods. No deer yet. Did see a monster..... But he was on the road, followed him in, and he proceeded to zig more than I zagged. Moby today.......

Do u feel there are alot fewer hunters around this year? There is very little shooting for opening weekend... I saw a monster buck from the truck. It was near a river, homes and cabins everywhere.....

8deg

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
There is certainly less shooting here in Michigan...what with the weather and all. Plus the neighbors kid did the all too rare two birds with one stone trick...one less tag to fill I guess!