So, what did you do today?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Inexpensive jumper cables butt spliced work fairly well compared to the smaller size welding cables .

Jim,

2/0 is not smaller sized welding cables, two rolls of this stuff 25 fee long weighed in at over 70 pounds, perhaps it was just 2 gauge, I know it was not small sized cable, it was expensive and it was heavy!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I also find that replacing stock plow leads with the good stuff leads to better results in extreme situations.

It probably depends on what someone considers extreme.

I plowed for a living and found that when it's 20-30 F below 0 that welding leads with hundreds of strands as opposed to tens of strands resulted in less voltage drop under load and increased flexibility meaning they did not work themselves loose as easily and while operating the blade my fan and lights did not dim as much.

My blade is one place where I never look to save money...it has to work, every time.

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How do you use those 48" model? Do they fit in a standard fluorescent fitting? I have heard you change the old fittings over but need to remove the ballast? Are they brighter than traditional fluorescent? I have 14 and 16 foot ceilings. Might they work?

I converted the paint booth at the shop over to the leds and I?ll tell you it is quite a difference.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Got the boat under wraps today.Wish i had of done it 2 days earlier i wouldnt of lost my fishfinder,lol.Got it done just in time as its raining hard now and is suppose to stay raing for several days.So much for trying out the polesaw which turns out to be a mtd ps720.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Got the boat under wraps today.Wish i had of done it 2 days earlier i wouldnt of lost my fishfinder,lol.Got it done just in time as its raining hard now and is suppose to stay raing for several days.So much for trying out the polesaw which turns out to be a mtd ps720.

My phone shows 100% chance of rain every hour all day for Traverse. FML...I wish I had gotten more boats wrapped in the nice weather we had but I can't find anyone who wants to work.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I wonder if you all will have the wicked winds in the Sault that we are getting here in Leelanau.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Pretty windy all day plus ive heard for north of here the s word being thrown around!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Not much today...

This evening however....I am making the admiral one of her favorites...

Start with a plate, on it we put a bed of linguine no. 7, we will be topping that with a roasted garlic Alfredo sauce made from scratch, a cajun blackened chicken breast will be cut into strips and pinwheeled on top for a pleasant presentation.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Checked my pile of tire chains and found a set for the jeep and another for the motor home. Then sewed a patch on a tear in the canvas shelter that I modified to fit under the awning of the motor home. Then sewed the straps back on my "Jeep" bag.

Now I think I'm ready for elk season. Plan to spend the week in the Blues, Blue Mountains that is.

The shelter under the awning has a wood burning stove in it that dries my totally soaked clothes over night plus keeps the motor home nice and toasty until I retire for the night when the furnace takes over at a much lower temperature.

Plan to head out on Thursday to set up camp and cut fire wood for the week.

Life is rough! ;)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Pretty windy all day plus ive heard for north of here the s word being thrown around!

It blew all nite and thru today. Yep, we a little on and off S today. More to come..... The wind was in the perfect direction, so I cleaned up a a banks leaves with my blower. Got them up in the air and let the wind do the rest..... :)

22769876_1824674914491576_1872651412374328111_o.jpg

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
Jim,

2/0 is not smaller sized welding cables, two rolls of this stuff 25 fee long weighed in at over 70 pounds, perhaps it was just 2 gauge, I know it was not small sized cable, it was expensive and it was heavy!

Yep 2 gauge of welding lead wire has unbelievable amperage capabilities due to the many fine wires and is flexible ,tough skinned .Current flows around the out side of the fine wire and with that many its a lot of surface and a good substitute but expensive is how's come I use the jumper cable on stuff like his use .

82rude

Rear Admiral
Just got a call from my provincial govt .They will be sending a rep from the local utilities company to access my energy needs and use in my home.As my appliances are old non energy star I could be eligible to have them replaced plus if insulation is inadequate it also.This will be done at zero cost to me and zero cost for any upgrades if they deem them necessary.This is a govt program to help with elect cost which are some of the highest in north America.

82rude

Rear Admiral
jake any news about those 2 swept off the lookout near Marquette area?Im assuming their deceased your very unlikely to survive lake superior temps and 25 foot waves.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Just read on the news the buoys recorded an average wave height of 28.8 feet that day,wow!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
jake any news about those 2 swept off the lookout near Marquette area?Im assuming their deceased your very unlikely to survive lake superior temps and 25 foot waves.

I am near traverse. I hadn't heard of it