So, what did you do today?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It should be against the rules to mention plows this early. I have to put new main leads on my boss as the neighbors kid slammed into mine in his truck this summer. Luckily it only pinched my main cables...still gonna be a hundy or so worth on heavy guage welding cable.

Cables are expensive these days, I just ran 2/0 cables to the back of my truck so I can mount the winch in the rear trailer hitch and I was amazed how much it cost to buy one that was 25 feet long! So I also installed a front hitch that the plow mounts in and during the off season I can put the winch in the front as well. But again, the wiring was the most expensive part of the project!

To early? Heck I have already had 6 inches of snow last weekend!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I think he is in the west😁

Yup I am, on the west side of the Rockies, now we have already had snow, today we have one heck of a wind storm going on, and believe me you CAN here a tree fall, it sounds like bombs going off around here!

:eek:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Do you go out and collect them for firewood?I can honestly say ive never cut down a live tree for firewood.Always lots of dead falls around.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Yesterday took the two minutes it takes to winterize my etec.Put the navigloo frame on the boat and today will drag the tarp over the frame and snug it down.Waiting on my atlas pole saw which is in the mail!A friend gave me a old murray straight shaft weedwacker that seperates in the middle by just pressing a button and you add the atlas too it and viola a gas powered polesaw.Have a bunch of tree limbs to trim so i can park my boat over to the side of the backyard and leave lots of room for the expected ton of snow.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
No Title

Wish I had those kind of skills. That looks awesome.

​Nice work bide, good to see fellow woodworkers. I acquired this table top and hydraulic stands from a boat that the owner was tossing out. So I made a base out of the teak and holly flooring he was tossing out also, I borders the flooring with maple to match the top. 7 coats of 2 part varnish, and a final coat of automotive clearcoat. I'll refinish the table top the same way this winter.

Attachments

• photo237269.jpg
    photo237269.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 0

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well nothing happened here thanks to those incompetents at U.PS.!Best not type anymore right now im furious .

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Winterized the 5th wheel. Hope to de-winterize it mid March with the white stuff in my rearview....

Mowed the lawn for the last time. Leaves are almost all on the ground.

Mowed a couple other lawns too.

Then went Jeepin'!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went over to a friends for coffee this am and noticed my tailgate was down.Odd,so when i went home i noticed right away some lowlife scum had stolen my fish finder out of the boat.They must of been looking in the back of the truck also.I sorely wish it was legal to beat them within an inch of their life but i live in canada and thieves are a protected species .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Our motor home was stored in big pine key. I will not have to summarize it ever again. The insurance guy said it resembled a boat now...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Went over to a friends for coffee this am and noticed my tailgate was down.Odd,so when i went home i noticed right away some lowlife scum had stolen my fish finder out of the boat.They must of been looking in the back of the truck also.I sorely wish it was legal to beat them within an inch of their life but i live in canada and thieves are a protected species .

Maybe they got the ups delivery you were looking for also?

82rude

Rear Admiral
No,the ups was just not delivered due to the company not having enough drivers their contractors i believe.UPS is just a mere shadow of its former self in sault ontario .The dominate bigdog is purolator/canada post.Funny,i just got a package from hong kong and it has taken less time to come from there than the ups parcel! Im going to make a suggestion to amazon that all vendors have to list their shipping methods so we can select vendors that use companies that have operations in our areas.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Parcel finally showed up.On the theft front i wasnt the only victim in the hood that night.Thieves are not the brightest bunnies in the bush so theres hope yet.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, I got a few wrapped. Got a couple in the barn drying. Pulled a couple more boats. Slipped and messed my knee up again so I had to find my cane...now I am medicating with Dr. jack d.

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
Cables are expensive these days, I just ran 2/0 cables to the back of my truck so I can mount the winch in the rear trailer hitch and I was amazed how much it cost to buy one that was 25 feet long! So I also installed a front hitch that the plow mounts in and during the off season I can put the winch in the front as well. But again, the wiring was the most expensive part of the project!

To early? Heck I have already had 6 inches of snow last weekend!

Inexpensive jumper cables butt spliced work fairly well compared to the smaller size welding cables .