So, what did you do today?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Congratulations Admiral Musky - Nice ride! :cool:

Thanks, kogs. It's actually way cheaper than buying a side-by-side..... I told my buddy we got a sbs, in the form of a Jeep...:) He has a UTV.......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Since the Jeep is the Admiral's summer toy, it can be the Captain's plow truck. :peep:

She's loaded. The Jeep, I mean. Winch, HD bumper/brush guard, lift, tires and lotsa lights.

When do we see the pics with it covered in mud? :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Since the Jeep is the Admiral's summer toy, it can be the Captain's plow truck. :peep:

She's loaded. The Jeep, I mean. Winch, HD bumper/brush guard, lift, tires and lotsa lights.

When do we see the pics with it covered in mud? :D

When we brought it home and went on a secondary road I turned on all the lites for about 12 miles, no cars but me were on the road. Boy did it light up the whole area. Easy to see if a deer jumps out.... We'll have to find mud, we live in sand country.... Winch has never been used. I don't think it saw much of offroading...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Had some fellas tear down an old shed today.Shed was proably from the days of coal storage.Found this
36509985222_dcf942f99a_c.jpg
36283715540_480684c8c9_c.jpg

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, it's been a busy couple months a round here. I am down to the last 70 or so shrink wraps.

Took some time to fix the wood furnace. I think I have more new metal and welds in it than original. Fired it up last night.

Been doing a ton of tig'n aluminum. We had a squall come through that flipped a bunch of dock and hoists.

Even got the shop clean enough to pull three boats in side by side for wrapping.

boatman37

Lieutenant
pulled the boat 2 weeks ago and got it all winterized this week and got the bottom all cleaned. removed the teak to re-do it over the winter and pulled all the cushions out as we may re-do them over the winter.

but today, took it to its winter storage home in an underground mine until March

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went led light shopping .Ontario govt is rebating led lights.3, 48 inch shop lights for 24 each and several house led lights for 1 buck a 2 pack.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Went led light shopping .Ontario govt is rebating led lights.3, 48 inch shop lights for 24 each and several house led lights for 1 buck a 2 pack.

How do you use those 48" model? Do they fit in a standard fluorescent fitting? I have heard you change the old fittings over but need to remove the ballast? Are they brighter than traditional fluorescent? I have 14 and 16 foot ceilings. Might they work?

82rude

Rear Admiral
They also has 48 inch twin tube led for around 48 or so that were hard wired not corded.For my small garage the corded were just fine and cheap!Theres no non-leds in my inventory anymore.OPPS the atv and truck but their next.Even the boat is all led now.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sitting here with a nice hot cup of coffee with a shot of Irish Whiskey in it, sausage on the griddle, waffle maker on the counter and getting ready to go out and put the plows on the trucks, one to go to a new home and one to stay with me for at least a season, couple of inches of snow on the ground and damn cold for this early in the season, watching the deer run around and the season starts NEXT Saturday! when they will all be gone.

So pretty much a typical Saturday in the fall in Montana!

:D

82rude

Rear Admiral
Sounds like a beautiful morning MT! My next mission is to clean the garage up nicely and think about putting the boat away or maybe go to my brothers camp one more time.Late fall fishing is usually good and can also bird hunt.Surf and Turf!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.My microwave died a horrible death today.So off to find a new one which wasnt too hard since my friend bought one a few ago and i liked it.LG intelligent inverter 1.5 cf .has a 10 year magnatron(sp) warranty.Good price also.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Got the Jeep out of the mechanics shop, finally. Then ran around the backwoods for a while...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Sitting here with a nice hot cup of coffee with a shot of Irish Whiskey in it, sausage on the griddle, waffle maker on the counter and getting ready to go out and put the plows on the trucks, one to go to a new home and one to stay with me for at least a season, couple of inches of snow on the ground and damn cold for this early in the season, watching the deer run around and the season starts NEXT Saturday! when they will all be gone.

So pretty much a typical Saturday in the fall in Montana!

:D

It should be against the rules to mention plows this early. I have to put new main leads on my boss as the neighbors kid slammed into mine in his truck this summer. Luckily it only pinched my main cables...still gonna be a hundy or so worth on heavy guage welding cable.