So, what did you do today?

boatman37

Lieutenant
Went to the Donnie Iris concert. Those from around Pittsburgh know who Donnie is. He grew up across town from me and it is common to see him out at the store or gas station but a whole different thing seeing him on stage.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
So my wife has been griping about her A/C not being cold in her car, so I got tired of it, pulled the gauges and vacuum pump out, squirt some darn bright green neon dye into the system, grab the UV light and decide, I have not done this for a while, but it will only take a few moments to get it fixed! Wrong, I hook the darn dye can up to the low side and the freaking valve breaks off and spews neon dye all over the gosh darn place now I look like a freaking high dude from an 80's bar and walk in the house, sit down on the couch my wife finally looks at me and says, boy we could have fun with that back in the 70's...

I think I am going to kill her and bury the body where nobody can find it!

Arrrrrrgggggg!

God I hate working on cars!

I knew that ordering the gauges and vacuum pump was not going to work out the way I wanted it to!

That is what I did today!

:eek:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I so feel for you...The woman who lays claim to most of my stuffs' car wont cool when stopped...I hope I get lucky and just find a bad condenser fan or relay...luckily we live in the country so I just tell her not to stop and drive faster.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What did I do today? Avoided posting in the "Debate" thread. Full disclosure - Also skipped yesterday, the day before and the day before that. LOL

Also, didn't spew neon leak detect all over - Saving that for a later time. Sorry about the mess, MT.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
What did I do today? Avoided posting in the "Debate" thread. Full disclosure - Also skipped yesterday, the day before and the day before that. LOL

Haha, was that aimed at me? I tried as long as I could to not post. I also have avoided the 4 stroke debate as well. But---if I knew how to make that popcorn smile thing, it would be there. The gm 280 does where it eats the corn.

Anyways, today I spent several hours with the a.c. tig going at 200hz. I don't think the buzzing in my ears will stop soon. No pics of project can be posted yet...hopefully someday soon.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Not at all, Jake. Just figured it was best to stay out of it. :censored:

BTW - What's a 4 stroke? :rolleyes:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Ha wimusky. But not in here, this is a nice quiet little thread although sometimes comical in big neon green letters. Hehe, sorry mtboatguy

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Ha wimusky. Buy not in here, this is a nice quiet little thread although sometimes comical in big neon green letters. Hehe, sorry mtboatguy

Best way to win a debate if you are so incline to get involved....Make sure you are covered in neon green, takes their attention away and they loose!

:lol:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, today I cracked the screen on my s7 galaxy. 275 to repair it. FML. The case I had got so bad you could not see the screen. 2 days without one and bam.

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
My phone gets a lot of abuse with the job I have, so I bought a Lifeproof case for it. They're a little pricey , but I've dropped my phone numerous times and have it wet and muddy lots of times and it keeps working... Last week it fell out of the clip into fresh concrete and was covered in concrete, so I took it over to the truck , hosed it clean , good as new

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
No Title

Proof that some folks shouldn't own either a boat or a wrench

Attachments

• photo273957.jpg
    photo273957.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 0

82rude

Rear Admiral
Proof that some folks shouldn't own either a boat or a wrench

what exactly am i looking at?My eyes are not picking it up for some odd reason.Spent all day fixing up my boo boo from yesterday when i sprayed rockerguard on the f150 and made a total cockup of it.Stripped the bottom part of it today and found 4 holes that i had to repair .Tomorrow i have to finish the sanding and spray the primer,sand ,spray the guard again.Trucks white with big black fender flares and tonnue cover so i went with greyish (silver) for the rockerguard.I see the brown what ever it is jake but cant figure what it is?In 45 im going to watch the last part of The cars that made America ,ive enjoyed watching it.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
82rude Thats a rusted up hose clamp on a prop shaft. Normally that would have a cotter pin through a hole to keep the nut from backing off. Also has the wrong prop nut on there.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Finished the truck wed Used USG poly sealer primer (high build).Rockerguard is called silver but looks more like a med silver or light grey ,looks good.
35808727083_ff1026903c_c.jpg
36221424130_0afa5e1b68_c.jpg

82rude

Rear Admiral
The bottom where its grey was stripped right down to the original paint or even in some areas right to the metal before i did it.Can you still buy box sides new or repo?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The wife finally got a Jeep. She's been wanting one for years...... Her summer toy...... 7" lift, 33" tires
100_32461.jpg