So, what did you do today?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Always loved crossing the river and exploring the U.P. beautiful state.Do you still call Michigan home?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
82rude We had a buddy with a place on the beach in Paradise. So we could race bouys all along that shore with the wind ususally coming from the west. Flat calm or a little ripple. We would have six or seven of us out there at a time running four bouys. Round and round we went, day in day out.

Yep, still in Mi. Leelanau county, the little finger, if you will. Just outside of Traverse City.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Its been a few years but i use to bike to T.C quite frequently back in the 80,s and early 90,s.Loved going to Boones (sp)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We were at Whitefish Point a couple years ago. We already have another trip planned up there this fall... Probably take in the Falls again, never gets old...

Dad had a kneeler like this.... I guess it flew with a Merc 10hp. I forget the model of the motor. I believe it was some kind of racing motor from the '50s? Maybe someone remembers.....

82rude

Rear Admiral
The falls are beautiful for sure.Could one of those boats take a 1939 22.5 hp evinrude?Im going to drag my old opposed twin out of the shed and get her going again.Should only take a good fuel system cleaning .I have a good friend that builds and also fixes up all types of wooden boats maybe i could build something to play with and take to shows?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Nice brian4321! Whats that thing about 3/4 of the way up on the left hand side of the pic between the bars?LIGHTS??

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
My wakeboard. It sits in a rack on the tower

It will be a cold day down below before I trade in my double full boot Jobe 1600 and short rope for a wakeboard!!!! That is blasphemy!!!!!

But seriously, whatever floats your boat!!!...I am just joshing around....Sometimes the best time on the lake is with no one else to please...

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
It will be a cold day down below before I trade in my double full boot Jobe 1600 and short rope for a wakeboard!!!! That is blasphemy!!!!!

But seriously, whatever floats your boat!!!...I am just joshing around....Sometimes the best time on the lake is with no one else to please...

I do have to say, I'm seriously considering selling the boat and wakeboard... Last time out I was sore for a few days... Maybe an aluminum fishing boat??... As much as I love the workout that wakeboarding gives me , drowning minnows is sounding pretty good! Only thing is, I have kids that love playing in the water and they are looking forward to being able to wakeboard like daddy...
It'd be easier and less painful for me to teach them how to fish though lol

82rude

Rear Admiral
Tell them wakeboarding will ruin their texting fingers and problem solved,lol.Me ive never had any interest in water skiing or the like just fishing .So today i gently pealed off my etec,s rear 60 decal as it was fraying and pealing.My friend is taking it to his buddies shop where i can get a replacement made for cheap.If it turns out good which im sure it will im going to pay for a decal set for my 39 speeditwin.Theres no decals on it right now so i will have to find pics or ?

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Had to finally break down and buy a new timing light. I think I did okay though. Blue point. Does everthing but change the toilet paper roll. $238.00 USD. Nice and bright.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Yeh i have a 3/4 in blue point impact gun it was around 900 retail cnd at the time ,got it from a friend for 100.Its something like 850 plus lbs in reverse ,only used it once.Weights 13lbs or so.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The falls are beautiful for sure.Could one of those boats take a 1939 22.5 hp evinrude?Im going to drag my old opposed twin out of the shed and get her going again.Should only take a good fuel system cleaning .I have a good friend that builds and also fixes up all types of wooden boats maybe i could build something to play with and take to shows?

I guess the style I posted, he never got around using it. So, not sure how much hp it can take. 20hp does sound reasonable.... Although, it probably weighs as much as a modern day 60.. :)

Here he is with his first one. I believe the motor is a Lightning(long shaft), he also had a Hurricane which had a short shaft....

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I guess the style I posted, he never got around using it. So, not sure how much hp it can take. 20hp does sound reasonable.... Although, it probably weighs as much as a modern day 60.. :)

Here he is with his first one. I believe the motor is a Lightning(long shaft), he also had a Hurricane which had a short shaft....

[url]http://s985.photobucket.com/user/68greengoat/media/IMG_5778_zps5c2egrgh.jpg.html
IMG_5778_zps5c2egrgh.jpg
[/URL]

That has the race bullet on it. Sweet!!!!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went to the new brp dealer to get a 60hp decal (other option didnt turn out).Order item of course 12 bucks cnd for 2 .While i was there i talked about switching to the xd100 setting on my etec and will be doing that soon .With the 60 a jug of oil should last a year or 2 depending on how much you fish.I know a few guys that do so and have for many years and they say zero issues .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Went to the new brp dealer to get a 60hp decal (other option didnt turn out).Order item of course 12 bucks cnd for 2 .While i was there i talked about switching to the xd100 setting on my etec and will be doing that soon .With the 60 a jug of oil should last a year or 2 depending on how much you fish.I know a few guys that do so and have for many years and they say zero issues .

You oughta might think about changing to the XD 100 setting. Yes they use less oil...but oil is good for a two stroke. I set all my customers to the 50 setting at the leanest, most that have kids and ski and such I set on tcw 3 setting so it uses a lot of oil. Manual reccomends that for commercial or heavy/hard use.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well decided to take out the semi-synth oil in my tank which was full.So i was using my oil pump and if you guessed that the tube for the pump fell off in the tank you get a gold medal!ARGGG! So yours truly decided to take apart the motor to drain the tank.Everything was going great till i pulled a little to hard on the tank and the low oil sensor i believe came out and so did 2 litres of oil over everything.Well after quite the cleanup the take is reinstalled and is full of xd100 and i primed the pump which is rather easy.Ready for the xd100 setting now .Everybody ive talked to uses that setting and raves about the low oil use and how good they run particularly the lower hp models like mine.A friend has been running at that setting for 10 years and his motor is solid .If i used it for sking or the likes id leave at tcw3 setting but i dont all i do is fish.Still have a little over a year left under warranty also.