So, what did you do today?

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I had my Dad's Lawnboy from the 60's or 70's up until just a few years ago, loved that thing. The Admiral talked me out of keeping it, and buying myself a new mower (because I "deserrved" it). Well, that one lasted about 2 years. I so wish I still had the old Lawnboy.

After work, I've got a bit of cleaning to do on the boat (critical mechanical and maintenance should be set for now), then looking forward to a nice sunset on Lake Erie

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Actually did a little sunset cruise yesterday here in Nashville ... may do it again tonight!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Maybe quit mowing the neighbors? Pushing a mower thru 2 ft of grass can't be easy on the old pushers.

Self propelled mower.I operate it with one hand.Im spoiled now id never in a million years push again,lol.garbageguy was it a cream colored lawnboy?Years ago a backed into the drive and over my cream colored mower ,damn near cried.2.5 hp of 2 stroke power.They punched way above their hp classI believe mine said, omc lawnboy!.Now their owned by Toro and are stupid 4 pokes.I can always hope for a etec lawnmower,lol.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Self propelled mower.I operate it with one hand.Im spoiled now id never in a million years push again,lol.garbageguy was it a cream colored lawnboy?Years ago a backed into the drive and over my cream colored mower ,damn near cried.2.5 hp of 2 stroke power.They punched way above their hp classI believe mine said, omc lawnboy!.Now their owned by Toro and are stupid 4 pokes.I can always hope for a etec lawnmower,lol.

You know, I have an e-tec power head laying around here....might make a fun winter project one of these years...but how would I cool it???

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Maybe I could make it a mower / sprinkler

I must need a drink...its 5 somewhere

82rude

Rear Admiral
An etec riding mower would be sooo coool! Always hoped they were going to go that route with the atv,s.As for what i did today ,i went lure drowning.Was hoping for a 25 plus pound pike or musky buy no takers.I believe were i was in lake superior they have already started to go deeper and i was fishing too shallow.Years ago my old neighbour showed me a 36 lbs pike on his wall from the same area.Me im strictly catch,pic and release for anything over 5 lbs now.As for my 60 etec i had my 15p sst prop reworked by my friend to 16p and im extremely happy with the results.Dead on 6000rpm max and good speed for a loaded boat at 33.4 gps.Considering my ss 160 is rated for 85 hp and not the fastest hull in the world im pleased.I put in one of those springfield trac-loc sliding seat brackets and that isreally nice .As usual the etec ran flawlessly.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
No Title

Cooking ribs with family for fathers day. A perfect way to spend 4 hours without a wrench.

Attachments

• photo268041.jpg
    photo268041.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I worked, now I am stareing at this darn screen door trying to get the nerve to take it apart. I hate springs...

I may wait till I know they have a new one in stock at the local hardware...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well went out and washed off a couple of lures saturday.Hard to tell from picture but the wind was really coming up and from the front of the boat next stop was Duluth or Thunder bay hundreds of miles away.Wind was coming out of the west end of lake superior so by the time it hits the east end the waves can slowly build up to huge.A few more hours they were probably 7 to 10 maybe.Water temp was 45.6 f.Well will try for lakers another day.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I was actually able to remove a broke 5M x .8 socket head cap screw from the stator boss of a Mercury, it was broke off below flush. No one was more surprised than I...!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well went out and washed off a couple of lures saturday.Hard to tell from picture but the wind was really coming up and from the front of the boat next stop was Duluth or Thunder bay hundreds of miles away.Wind was coming out of the west end of lake superior so by the time it hits the east end the waves can slowly build up to huge.A few more hours they were probably 7 to 10 maybe.Water temp was 45.6 f.Well will try for lakers another day.

Awesome! Out there with a 60.... I've been out there with my 60 on a 16'.....

82rude

Rear Admiral
Thats exactly what i have a 160 ss! From where that pic was taken its approx 25 miles north west and you,d be over the Edmund Fitzgerald.Give or take a few miles.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Anyone want to go into business building Stators??? Seems like 7 out of 10 folks in the J/E forum think they need a stator this month. I smell $$$$...a few of the new answering folks seem to agree with them...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I used to race a kneeler out of whitefish point....memories![/QUOTE Ok im going to show my ignorance and ask whats a keeler?On a stupid trivia note all the deep water trenches in superior go from south to north.

A kneeler...a little hydro that you kneel in...

They can be as simple as a piece of plywood with an old merc hung off it...or they could get fairly developed 3 pointers that would go fast, real fast considering what we powered them with...

You can probably google it for a pic, that would explain more better and quicker than me trying to paint the picture.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Will do.Done!Sort of a small version of a picklefork i guess.Off of whitefish point theres some fairly deep water .I was there one day at the lighthouse and jetty and boy were the rollers that day huge and the water was clear as can be.

Last edited: