So, what did you do today?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That was my heaviest rack and biggest deer, 210#. I've been hunting since I was 14, I'm 54. I missed only 1 season a couple of years ago. I'm not hardcore like some either. But, I've had my share of bucks and does throughout the years.... I only shoot what "I'm" going to eat. I'm less than an hr from you. I should be out musky fishing! At least we're getting "a little" white today..... Snowmobiles are sitting covered up and waiting.... Here's my shoulder mount. Hope you don't mind...

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Nice buck! Yah snowing here too, getting ready to watch the Packers in the snow!!.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks.... I like snow games. Especially when they constantly have to clean off the lines. Houston can't be too happy........

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was lucky enough to get this one yesterday morning... I've shot a buck with a bigger rack, but this one is probably the biggest bodied one I've shot...I don't have a scale but I'd guess he dressed out at close to 200 ...this is my third deer this year so we're gonna have to get a bigger freezer... It's a good feeling having so much healthy meat on hand

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Apparently not.Just looked at the forecast and snows on the way ,thanks a lot guys:joyous:

No problem. We're a sharing bunch......

Was lucky enough to get this one yesterday morning... I've shot a buck with a bigger rack, but this one is probably the biggest bodied one I've shot...I don't have a scale but I'd guess he dressed out at close to 200 ...this is my third deer this year so we're gonna have to get a bigger freezer... It's a good feeling having so much healthy meat on hand

Good lookin' buck right there, congrats!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Nice deers guys.Ya it sucks sometimes living on this end as we get a lot of the west stuff just after you guys unless superior breaks it up which it can easily enough..this time last year i had allready surpassed the previous years gas total for the blower..How many deer can you harvest each year?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I can only get 1 deer, rifle.. Now the bowhunters can get another one, and now that we can use crossbow, I may start bowhunting again. I have a compound bow too, just haven't used it in awhile.
​Each state is divided in to units, and some can get more depending on the population of deer.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I see. I always measured the greatest distance between the inside of the main beams. Sometimes the tips can almost touch.

Here's 10pt(ok, legally a 9) I shot when I was 16. Couldn't afford a shoulder mount. Heck, could barely afford gas...Lol It's a heavy rack/beams. The G2s(back tines) are 9" long, but only 4.5" apart. The main beam tips are 7". The rack went up instead of out. Dad thought it was ugly, I thought it was awesome. I think he was really telling me, "don't look to me to get it mounted"...Lol So I mounted just the rack myself........

You guys count deer weird back east, in our books that would be a 5 point, we only count on side, the side with the most points!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

That is a great buck, that would be a full shoulder mount around here, nice rack, good lucking and I bet it is going to be good eating!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well hell all I did today was plow snow, we got nailed last night, most snow and earliest I have had the plow out in years, I mean like over 10! Been a long day!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Would a muzzle loader go under rifle or?

Yep. Any unused firearm tags can be filled by a muzzle loader........

You guys count deer weird back east, in our books that would be a 5 point, we only count on side, the side with the most points!

5, now that's weird. 8/10/12 sounds much more impressive..... :)

I've yet to drop a plow. We got 1/2" today. That's all we have on the ground...... We're behind schedule....

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Nice animals guys.

I'm done for the year. Had to settle for no deer but managed my elk.

Yesterday I drove down to the Snake to give Steelhead fishing a try. Spent the night in the back of my pickup. My heater got a broken wire in the plug-in but around midnight I woke up and decided to try to make a temporary connection by jamming the wire in. It made it through the rest of the night.

This morning I fished some more but never got a bite. Think my bait was too old since I made it up for the spring run Chinook.

Strong winds all day. On the way back up 195 I ran into a hail storm that turned the road a solid white just south of Steptoe. By the time I reached Steptoe the road was bare. No remaining snow at the house, just remnants of snowmen made by grandkids.

It was a fun trip and met some old friends down there.

Any day out in the open world is better than hanging around home or as I recall, at work.

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
That is a great buck, that would be a full shoulder mount around here, nice rack, good lucking and I bet it is going to be good eating!

Thanks Mt, and yup he'll probably end up on the wall... I'm lucky that my wife likes deer meat too, so we eat every deer I shoot