Laser bore sighters?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yup, I have one I bought a couple of months ago, works great, no reason to not have one.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Actually, I was very surprised with the initial results of the maiden voyage of my AR. Considering that I clamped a rear sight onto the pitcanny rail and started shooting, it was not very far off the mark, at 75 ft, in an indoor range. A few clicks, both left and right and up and down, put the pattern near the center of the target

MT, did you get the Bushnell unit that I posted the link for? Might be good to have for a multitude of applications?

Last edited:

bigdee

Commander
Good for that price. On my bolt action rifles I just do it the old fashion way by looking through the barrel and adjusting sights till they converge. Can't do that on the semi-autos so the laser is the way to go.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
How far out are you able to sight them to, with the laser?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I do mine at 25 yards, then fine tune on paper, 25 yards will normally get you on paper at a hundred yards

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I do mine at 25 yards, then fine tune on paper, 25 yards will normally get you on paper at a hundred yards

I was really quite amazed yesterday, when shooting my new Del-Ton AR at the indoor range. The furthest target distance available was 75 feet and the gun, with rear sight/handle just clamped on, was shooting a little high left but in the center of the 18" x 24" target. I had also never seen 'splash' targets before either. They are pretty slick. Found some 'splash' target repair dots on Amazon as well. Gonna grab a 680 ct pack of those.

I also found the Bushnell laser bore sighter on Amazon for half the amount in the link above. I think it would be good to use it to set it for longer distances when I get a chance to take it to an outdoor shooting area.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Good for that price. On my bolt action rifles I just do it the old fashion way by looking through the barrel and adjusting sights till they converge. Can't do that on the semi-autos so the laser is the way to go.

On my semi, I take a shot and then adjust the scope to center off that shot. Only takes a few rounds to get it "right there"......

southkogs

Staff member
On my semi, I take a shot and then adjust the scope to center off that shot. Only takes a few rounds to get it "right there"......
All except my grandfather's old gun ... I can't figure out where the bullet is going. (One of my uncles had the sights removed, and I put the scope back on) I'm not hitting the baffles of the range, but can't manage to meet the paper at 50 yards. I might be buying a laser sight at some point.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
All except my grandfather's old gun ... I can't figure out where the bullet is going. (One of my uncles had the sights removed, and I put the scope back on) I'm not hitting the baffles of the range, but can't manage to meet the paper at 50 yards. I might be buying a laser sight at some point.

Start at 25, it will get you close at 100.... And surely will put you on the paper at 50...

thumpar

Admiral
On an AR you can. Just pull the rear takedown pin and pull the bolt.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
I have them in multiple calibers. When you put one in the barrel, DON'T CLOSE THE CHARGING HANDLE!. You'll ruin the laser. I sight mine in my shop, which is 90'. Gets it really close.