99 yukon boost?

ezbtr

Commander
Has a 5.7 plenty fast, duals, K&N, but curious bout more (at 123K and runs great) Superchargers are spendy, I could have a 6.0 for much less, thoughts? Thanks guys :)

Volphin

Lieutenant
I think your bottom end won't take it at that mileage, both literally and figuratively. ;)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If you are going to the trouble to boost it, then you need to spend the extra few bucks and rebuild it specifically for what you are wanting to do.

ezbtr

Commander
If you are going to the trouble to boost it, then you need to spend the extra few bucks and rebuild it specifically for what you are wanting to do.

yeah was my thouhgt , too, I could buy a newer truck, but this one really needs maybe a new intake, AC fixed, new paint on roof, rip in seat and a PS leak fixed

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
yeah was my thouhgt , too, I could buy a newer truck, but this one really needs maybe a new intake, AC fixed, and a PS leak fixed

You can get a complete rebuild kit with new bearings and pretty much everything you need from Summit for less than $600 bucks, at least you could that last time I check on a rebuilt kit. 100K mileage now a days is really not much, but if you talk to them and let them know what you want to do, they can put a kit together for you at a reasonable cost.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The 99s weren't that great in the first place. I would upgrade to a newer truck before I put anything into that one. The Yukon got upgraded in 2000.