2006/7 Dodge 5.7 3500 fuel pump

sam am I

Commander
Was having fuel gauge level issues (not reading fuel level correctly) with one of our work trucks, gauges/wiring all seemed/checked okay. So I dropped the tank today to check the sender...........Anyone ever seen/had a Dodge pump fall apart like this?

For crap sacks!! Might otta just put a match to this thing while conditions are prime.........

SAM_9301a.jpg

SAM_9303a.jpg

Last edited:

sam am I

Commander
Never mind............The truck was evidently was modified to fit this extra deep 75-80 gal. tank and someone, it appears, in order to get the sump on this stock pump to drop to the bottom of the tank, took the pump apart and it looks like bent two stanchion pipes in "S" hooks shapes such that the upper half (attached to tank) held onto the lower half (pump and float assy.) in a sorta of lanyard effect. It didn't work so well.........Macgyver!!!

Anyone know of the pump that fits this 15" deep tank?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If Dodge offered the larger tank as an option, maybe start there.

sam am I

Commander
GF went to Autozone while I went fishing and they actually had a pump tall enough that looks like it'll work..........Freaking mech that did this is a real piece of work I'll bet.

This goes in the book along with the "oil pan update" her EX-Honda shop mech's tried to pull on my GF and charge her for when they stripped/cross threaded her drain plug with an air ratchet...........Geeeesh, no wonder I don't trust many shops anymore, this crap that mech's can cover up only to be discovered later on really rips my knickers sometimes.

Last edited: