Car stalls when clutch is depressed

alldodge

Staff member
Put a 130K on the wife's Mit's Montero Sport just because of the same reason. I bought the plugs (6.50 each) then found out you have to tear half the top of the motor off to change. Said no don't think so, didn't have any issues prior, another 30K later we sold it and bought another car. Still ran great, let the next guy change them if they wanted to. Still have the iridium plugs, ebay maybe

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
If you look at the youtube video, it's a 20 minute job taking off the intake manifold at the most. Also gives you a chance to clean the throttle body which probably needs to be cleaned in a bad way!

Sorry, just because its hard doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Sorry, just because its hard doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Agreed, but at the design meetings, simply because they CAN build a car that requires significant unrelated dismantling ( a friend had a car ....forget the model.... but you had to remove an upper motor stabiliser arm and rotate the motor backwards to change the oil filter....transverse mounted engine) doesn't mean that they should.
I have a couple of Subarus and changing plugs on them is beyond my patience level.
That's a job that gets subcontracted. :)

alldodge

Staff member
Remember the fords that you had to jack the engines up to change the plugs, some real dumb stuff.

20 minutes, this I got to see, when does the show start?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
That's a job that gets subcontracted. :)
Exactly. If you don't have the skills or time to do maintenance, time to have someone else do it.

The plugs on my Lexus take close to 3 hours to do but I still do them.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Exactly. If you don't have the skills or time to do maintenance, time to have someone else do it.

The plugs on my Lexus take close to 3 hours to do but I still do them.

The word I used was neither skill nor time..... it was patience.