evil google

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All Dodge - Are you suggesting retailers sell your information to data banks that in turn sell the info to anyone with a buck? That can't happen! :)

But it happens everyday. :blue: Privacy agreements are unreadable with all the legal mumbo-jumbo!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
LOL...well from a casual observer, you seem to be getting a lot of junk email so maybe you shouldn't be taking that risk anymore!

not lots, but just creepy that it emails me just after I visited and didn't leave any info.

From reading the links in my earlier post, it gets my email from other places where I have left my info, and consent to receive emails. It's a 'partner' si i'm sure the terms i checked allowed that.

I've declined their services....

oldjeep

Admiral
More likely that it is coming from 3rd party cookies. Same reason why when you look at something on Amazon all the sudden you start seeing the same thing in ads on other web pages. Blocking 3rd party cookies takes care of a lot of it, but can cause problems with poorly designed websites that forward you to other webservers which expect to have a common cookie (most notably some e commerce sites where they have multiple catalog sites using the same cart server)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I don't even click the unsubscribe buttons anymore, it confirms they have found a live email address.