Finally building an outdoor kitchen .May need some idea's /help .

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
man I feel you , i stare at boat as I am doing my yard work getting back yard back in shape for summer since it was neglected last year, She say's no boat till my chores is done ... but ...but ...

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ouch, sorry to hear about the gout. I have a friend who suffers from it too. Doesn't seem like too much fun...gout and grout. Great idea using the buffer. Seems like the way to go for such a large area. In regards to the TV, are you building a box to protect it from the weather? I know there are covers you can buy to cover the TV from the elements. Might save you the work of building a box if that is the reason for it.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
ff, I have heard about the cherry juice and might add that to my diet but I really don't care much for cherry"s unfortunately ..
Pat , I thought about just a cover and I guess I could put my new to me Consew walking foot to work making one ... But I still am leaning toward some sort of box or wind shield around the back to help keep it out of the wind ... Been pricing swivel tv mounts ... those are a bit pricey ! I hate to spend more for a mount than I did on the tv .. :lol:
The Admiral has said she is gunna help me get the rest of the floor cleaned up and ready for more sealer tomorrow ... I have my doubts .. :rolleyes:

Pusher

Lieutenant
Ouch! Sorry about the gout! I hope it clears up. Could you drink cherry coke???? Sorry.... Too early?

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Try Harbor Freight for the mount. I think I saw them there. Or I would bet you could find one online. I'm sure you could find one for a 32 inch for cheap somewhere

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm sure it could be made to work. Worth the buy and possible return if it doesn't.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
SIL found one the right size online for 20 bucks plus shipping so I ordered it ...I went and looked at the HF one but it was just too big for where I wanted to mount it ..
Started putting the sealer on late yesterday ... Its amazing how the colors all stand out when the sealer goes down ... Probably gunna put 3 coats on I think ..

Pusher

Lieutenant
Is this all on the floor, or have you started on the backsplash?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yes the floor . I have started on the wall tile but haven't done much trying to get the floor sealer down

Pusher

Lieutenant
That makes sense. It would be a bummer accidentally staining a new grout line!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Here is the contrast of the sealer as it goes on with my back saving application tools ..

That was the first coat after the grout but technically the second coat on the tile . I put one coat on the tile before grout ..
And this is 2 coats after grout ..That evening ,,

Got the floor behind the bar all covered up and have started the wall tile . A little after work every day it will take a while to complete .. A lot of cuts to make ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Little update ...
Got a very important item installed and off the list ...Cable tv ...

Also have all the backsplash tile installed other than where the fish is going .
This is the shower pan/ big stew pot burner area .

And finally have started the arts and craft part of the project ....May look a bit funny at the moment but I do kind of have a plan ....
The Admiral has been busy baking fish scales .. ;)

One coat of sealer on the tile . May put another before grout ... It just makes the clean up a lot easier ... You just don't want the sealer to get into the grout joints before grout ...