Finally building an outdoor kitchen .May need some idea's /help .

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We can do that ! My son is really the cook though ...Lately he's been putting fish fillets on the ceder and apple wood cooking planks on the grill .. He takes the little small lobsters and splits them in half ,baste them and season on the grill ... Really good stuff !! :joyous:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ask your son if he ever saw anything like these things. I planted water melons, pumkins and meons in the same area. Then Frankenstein showed up. These things are @ 2-3' long and 2' high;Plus I know you do some gardening too. :joyous:
When they are young;

As they move along, note the hamper basket is to keep critters away it is 2' diameter, Now I think the critters are afraid of the thing I'm calling a waterpump.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Kcassells, let us all know, if you still can :facepalm: ,how that thing actually tastes. :eek:

Just think, in history someone had to actually be brave enough to taste every type food we eat these days. Some made it, some didn't. And the made it group got to eat other things again. Funny how tomatoes were once deemed poison because people that ate them get very sick and mentally goofy and died. But it was the tomato acid that dissolved the lead from the cups, plates and utilizes that were causing the problem and not the tomatoes. Wonder what the person was thinking when he decided to drink milk from a cow for the first time? :faint2:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thats just strange .... Sons at work right now ... I really don't do any gardening .... The only thing I grow well are weeds ... :facepalm:
So how do you know when it's ripe ! :lol:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That's the conundrum you see. I did cut 1 open @ 3 weeks ago. Looked like a melon/canteloupe, lots of meat, white seeds center in mess. All the meat tastes were neutral, not sour..pinch very small of sweet.
I let you know how this moves along. This works we could feed a country for nothing. I determined when I planted in that area that it was all an experiment. Meaning I haven't water them 1 x all Mother Nature.. in this heat too.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well......hows the kitchen/porch going?:joyous:
Pumpkin....weight 95 lbs.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
95 lbs !!!! Now what are ya gunna do with it ? That's a real big jack o lantern !!
Football is really cutting into my working time .. I' am getting a little bit done though ... Got the extra wires run for a couple ceiling fans and I have installed the pine wood on the soffit over the bar ...Got a little side tracked doing some modifications to the dog containment fence for the Admiral also ...
I need to run cable out to the porch so I can work and watch my games at the same time ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
A little progress . Pine on the hood and over counter soffit ..

The yellow densglass will get the same stucco finish and the dark brown trim at the top to match the rest ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks ! A little rough around the edges but that's ok ..
Trim screw cup ....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sam you don't have any Carpenter Bees there do you? I can see some holes in the wood about the bar area. :pound:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Sam you don't have any Carpenter Bees there do you? I can see some holes in the wood about the bar area. :pound:

I wouldn't want to see the size of bee that would make that size hole ! :eek:
SK , I wish I could have surfed that Saturday after the storm but I got called into work to help repair water damage at one of the hospitals we work on ... The next day was flat ... That hard offshore wind just knocks the swell down fast after it passed ... They still have not re-opened the beach where I usually go .... It got tore up pretty bad ...

southkogs

Staff member
I can imagine Sam. We've (Tennessee Civil Air Patrol) just came off alert to fly missions over North Carolina. Florida's wing seemed to have everything covered down there, but it's obvious the coast has a lot of mopping up to do from that storm. The power of water - let alone the power of the storm - is amazing.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Finally installed the mud bed for the big burner area ...

Here's my supervisor ! Buddy does his best to keep me strait or get under my feet at times ...

He has been kinda sad as is the rest of the family lately ... We lost his companion our mix Dalmatian a couple weeks ago ... We had her for 15 years ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sam, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how pets can be family members so very well. And it hurts really bad when you loose one. Condolences to you and yours and that includes Buddy as well. :sorry:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hate to hear that Sam, sorry about your loss, you and yours have our condolences

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Dal. They become part of the family don't they?