A question for any of you Android-phone-ofiles?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Something funny happened today. I had a customer call me. In the process of fishing the phone out of my pocket, I inadvertently squelched the call. Moments later l got a voicemail notification. I knew who it was so I immediately returned it. She told me that while she was in the process of leaving a message, she got a text message notification. When she finished her voicemail message, she looked at her text messages and from my phone number, it said "I am in class".

It never dawned on me until I described it to my wife. Knowing absolutely nothing about these things, she said may when you fumbled the call and squelched it, something caused the initiation of a test message. That made some plausible sense but there would have to me some mechanism that would text a canned message. Kinda of like 'I am away from my desk" or "I had to go take a leak'".

What say ya'll?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
When you get a call, at the bottom of the incoming call screen you can pull up a bar that says "reject call with message". You did it by accident. I use it all the time.

May look different and activated different depending on your phone.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^

IIRC, there are a few 'stock' choices and a customizable option too. Its under phone application settings and call rejection message.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
When you get a call, at the bottom of the incoming call screen you can pull up a bar that says "reject call with message". You did it by accident. I use it all the time.

May look different and activated different depending on your phone.

Upon your mention, bb, I watched as a call came in. I saw that option but did not tickle it. Undoubtedly that is what happened. In my fumbling I tickled that option.

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
Fwiw, I have a galaxy and have worked really hard to get it to stop pocket texting and I can't get it out of my pocket when ringing without something like this happening.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
None of this stuff happens with my flip phone. And I have all those features. LOL

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
For what it matters, the htc smart phone I had before my Samsung never had any pocket issues.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
No pocket issues with Samsung 6. Just make sure it's closed down when you put it in your pocket.

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
Mines a 5. The problem is that stupid home button that also turns it on. I put a design on it and turned off notifications which has helped

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
My wife is having tons of problems with her S5... No problems with the S6 just like Bruceb58 mentioned. Smart flip phone GA_Boater? I almost snotted!