Any GM techs or other knowledgable opinions on my Suburban

rogerwa

Commander
Bruce, my "blind Luck" already ran out. At this point if I want to see the codes I will need to do as you say (which I am considering since I have a few vehicles this would benefit) or take it in and let them do exploratory surgery.

I have my own scanner but it only pulls the engine codes and not any of the SRS or ABS. At the auto store around me you can have them pull them or "rent" out the scanner for free. They don't have the ones with ABS, SRS, or the complete scan capability.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I would bring it to a shop that can pull those codes so that they can give you an estimate of repair. Shops that are familiar with these vehicles may know exactly what is wrong. Personally, I would skip the dealer and find a reputable shop in your area.

The nice thing about mine that has the enhanced interface is that it does other functions as well. For example, in order to properly bleed your brakes on these trucks, you need to put the ABS into a bypass mode which forces the ABS to open all of its valves to allow the fluid to circulate through all passages.

Last edited:

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Roger,

on my 08 Cobalt, I had an issue with the keyless entry, had a CEL on constantly. My code readers would not pull the exact code but it would clear the light. I had to go to a GM dealer who had a specific code reader for GM, the Navy Base Auto Techs could pull the codes but could not correct the issue. It was a program issue that the module needed to be re-flashed. For the initial, I might go get the codes pulled by GM or a friendly GM Tech that can use the GM code reader. Not sure that i would take it back but it would give you a more accurate readout than i was getting with my reader.

Just my thoughts based on what i went through trying to determine the root cause on my issue.

rogerwa

Commander
Dolluper, other than sounding like a ground problem I don't understand the rest.. Please expand if you can.. Thx

NYBo

Admiral
Yep, when in doubt, check grounds. All sorts of goofy stuff can happen as ground points corrode.