7-3 hard start hot or cold----- power stroke

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Replaced the bad injectors, all injectors have fresh o-ring fresh glow plugs glow plug controller works put in a fresh ford oem crank position sensor.

I have not checked fuel preasure or the HPOP preasure.
Once the truck starts lots of power no issues driving at HWY speed.

Its just a long crank time Hot or Cold.

any ideas

robert graham

Admiral
You may have a failing fuel pump and fuel is returning back towards the tank while engine is turned off....makes for slow start while fuel is being pumped back to engine during starting....just had this same problem on my LT-1 350 and mechanic nailed it right away...$550 to drop tank and install new pump....might be your problem....good luck!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You may have a failing fuel pump and fuel is returning back towards the tank while engine is turned off....makes for slow start while fuel is being pumped back to engine during starting....just had this same problem on my LT-1 350 and mechanic nailed it right away...$550 to drop tank and install new pump....might be your problem....good luck!
With a diesel?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You have an air leak in the fuel system, I have fought this on my diesels for years now, check your fuel lines today!

rbh

Fleet Admiral
I know that my other truck has a air leak issue that has the IDI 7.3, but this is the power stroke and it requires a few things to make the injectors pop at the right time, fuel pressure, high oil pressure to pop the injectors then there is the electronics 4 sensors and the puter.

I think I will just bite the bullet and take it to ford to scope it out.

puddle jumper

Captain
Something to check is there is an oil tank on the front of the engine. It's located right In fron of the fuel pump. If the oil has never been changed in it can cause a hard start or no start. You will have to suck it out though the Allen head plug on top. I don't know why it can cause the problem but will cause the problem. It's one of those life's little mystery.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Hi Kerry glad to see your still kicking and the HPOP tank I just topped it did not suck it empty first, wonder if its got junk around the pick up?

I will send you a PM after breakfast.