Website Hosting, Domain name, site builder recomendations

snowforfun4

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I would like to have a fairly simple website for our construction company. I have absolutely no experience with this, and doing a google search for appropriate and inexpensive solutions is overwhelming to say the least. ipage looks like it may be a good choice, but I have no idea how to tell. Any recommendations? No video needed, at least 8 email addresses with @domainname, marketing photos and some text is likely all we would really need. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Please PM me for the company and contact name i used for my website. I was in business for 5 years and sold out last year. Shut my website down then.

This gentlemen designed and maintained my website for me, everything is sent to you for approval prior to publishing, payment was 1/2 to start work, balance due when website was complete and went live. Maintenance fee was minimal if paid by the year. I had less than $500.00 in the development and maintenance, 3 email address and such. The most expensive part of the whole thing was the hosting fee of $100.00 year i think. Domain name was fairly cheap. This guy works all hours of the day and night so he is easy to get in touch with.

George

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Same type of system my wife has now been doing for the last 20 years, she has done websites for some large construction companies as well as small ones, and currently has a long running relationship with a few of the IEC Independent Electrical Contractors chapters around the country and many other electrical companies as well as security companies. She runs her company independently from anything I do, I have done some of the work on her servers, but it is her baby and has been for 20 years now.

Last edited:

thumpar

Admiral
For the email side Office365 is pretty good if you use outlook. You can purchase just the email side of it for $4 a month per user. I have customers setup on it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Being real honest with you, I have never figured out why companies charge extra for more email address's, some of my wife's customer have over a hundred and I now for a fact she does not charge extra, email is just part of the package she quotes on.

thumpar

Admiral
For basic pop email most include a large number of them. With Office365 you get full Outlook features like shared calendaring, distibution lists and everything that exchange supports.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
With Office365 you get full Outlook features like shared calendaring, distibution lists and everything that exchange supports.
That's what I use. It is the best. It's also what the company I work for uses.

I used to use the pop server that came with my domain hosting. I hated it.

Last edited: