azimuth 1000r remote senor compass

Bobkatjo

Recruit
Hi just bought a boat with the Azimuth 1000r compass with sensor there is also the SI-TEX fishfinder, SI-TEX Navadd 6000 Charting system and SI-TEX LCD Rader. I got the Fishfinder to power on and the Radar to power on. Ok I had to plug the Radar into the Navadd 6000 charting system to power it on. I can not get the Charting system to power on. The one I really want to power on is the Azimuth compass it sits on the dash there is no on or off button it has the sensor in the cabin of the boat but there is nothing there to power it on the compass has 2 buttons on top but not for powering on or off so I am assuming it is powered into one of the other instruments? (Reading the operation manual it does not talk about powering it on or off or pushing a on or off button). If you have ever used one and know how to use it let me know thank you. Kathie :)

Last edited:

sam am I

Commander
Never used one but,

See page 12/13.........Looks like it should power up with the key on if wired as per the destruction's (it's designed to be hard wired to automagically power up just with the ignition key to on).

So unless the ignition (switched +12V, red wire) is bad, which I highly doubt if the boat runs, then look to see its black and red wires are all properly connected, there is perhaps something disconnected and/or a bad/loose "1 amp fuse" they recommended be installed. The white wire they refer to is just a back-light and you still should be able to see the display in the daytime if the unit is functional regardless if that's hooked up or not......but check it anyway, never know with some of these design engineers ya know.

Do this all by simply following down it's power cable to its power and ground sources .. If all looks good as per....., the thing could be just toasted.

Go here and click on manual

http://www.kvh.com/Leisure/Marine-Sy...muth-1000.aspx

Last edited: