Inside Mirror Interchange for Ford

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I picked up a 2001 Ford Excursion with the Diesel Engine in it. Got it almost ready for sale but need an opinion/advice. It currently has an auto-dim interior rear view mirror that does not work. A new mirror is north of $150.00, however an old style manual mirror is less than $50.00 My question is since this is to sale, will a manual mirror mount to the factory installed windshield mount and i can install a manual mirror or will i have to either put an auto-dim in or change the mount?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I would just sell it as is and tell the buyer it doesn't work.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
That is part of the issue Boom, it is an LCD type mirror and with the thing not working correctly, it is so Dark you can see out of it, That is why i wish to replace it but i dont want to spend 150 if a 50 dollar mirror will fit the bracket.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Got any Pick-A-Part or pull your own parts yards around. The mirror is probably used in tons of Fords, not just Excursions.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
That is part of the issue Boom, it is an LCD type mirror and with the thing not working correctly, it is so Dark you can see out of it, That is why i wish to replace it but i dont want to spend 150 if a 50 dollar mirror will fit the bracket.

I hear ya. That's why all this electronic candy irks me. It is either outrageously expensive or unavailable. The Mrs just traded off a beautiful, low mileage 2005 Lincoln LS because the back up parking aid module took a dump. The car was still like new, garaged and all, it had only 59k miles on it and Ford quit supplying replacement modules. That pi**ed her off so she traded it in on a new Lexus RX350.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would hit a u-pull-it yard. it may cost you $10

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Just to close the loop, I purchased one from a Pick & Pull wrecking yard, Installed it and it works great. Paid a paltry $35.00 with Shipping. Scott and GA Boater gave the great idea, the local yards didnt have one, but found it with a locator.

Last edited: