Messages still showing up top

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Hey guys..just wondering if someone can get into my messages and reset them or something. I have Nothing in there but it still shows that I have 5 messages in the little red box up there by my user name. I checked the trash can..sent items..everythings gone.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You have to move them to the trash, then you can delete them for good, the PM system changed when the software was upgraded.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You don't have any pending requests or notifications? For a message to be read, you have to click on the title of the message, or it will still be marked as unread. Is there any numbers showing up under the Message Center? I just did a test and once I read my messages in the inbox, the red number/box went away next to my member name...... I have a bunch of sent items still out there too....

Otherwise, Admin will have to take a look at your member name...

Last edited:

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
I got Nothing there Wimusky. Unless I delete the message it still shows up in the center. But I have everything deleted ( even from trash bin ) and there are still 5 showing. I cant find them anywhere to read, reply..or delete. Thanks for looking into this.

southkogs

Staff member
YD - I know you just kinda' got back on, but have you been logged in the whole time or did you re-log in? I'm wondering if the classic "off and on" move might re-set some things for you.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Ive logged in and out many times. When I close my browser it deletes cookies and history..done that many times. PC on and off as well lol. :confused:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'll make sure Admin sees this YD...... Just give it a few days.....

Last edited:

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
I dont think so Toneeees. I have tons of subscriptions..but I dont see anything specifically for notifications. When I delete everything in notifications, there doesnt seem to be any indication of these particular 5 anywhere. I could give you my password and you can take a looksy if you want ( if that makes it easier ).

Thanks again guys :)

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
No Title

sweet..much easier to share photos now :) .. here is the screenie I took. But I still have 5 showing in 'Messages' up there next to my user name..

Attachments

• photo221985.jpg
    photo221985.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So just to be clear, you've clicked on "each" folder under Message Center and they are all empty? Not including Subscriptions.....

toneeees

Administrator
sweet..much easier to share photos now :) .. here is the screenie I took. But I still have 5 showing in 'Messages' up there next to my user name..

If you'd like to PM me your log in info, I can take a look. You shouldn't have any notifications.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
So just to be clear, you've clicked on "each" folder under Message Center and they are all empty? Not including Subscriptions.....

This is correct..nothing at all.

Ok Toneeees ..here ya go...

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Nope. Its not a real big deal though. If its not an easy fix then dont worry about it.

If its a case where you need to reset All my notifs and subs..then go for it. I dont need to track things that went back 10 years lol...