Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
In this forum, and no doubt all others, a Blue Box Hyperlink has been added which appears at anything over 6 clicks scrolling downward. Its presence blocks the topic of the very last post. It was added as I understand it to accommodate someone who needed a quick way to return to the top of the page. Someone who apparently does not understand the effect of the "Home Key", the "Page Up" key, of the "Arrow" scroll up key. I asked for it to be removed but since I entitled the subject as a "Minor Problem", it's removal has been refused.

Its presence and the resulting effect it has of blocking that last topic bugs the hell out of me enough to quit. Does it bother anyone else?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
For some reason it irritates me too, even though it doesn't really block anything all that much on my computer. I don't know why it irritates me. Like boobie, I never use it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Something like this, Joe?

top.PNG

Check your Zoom level. The box starts to cover up stuff as the Zoom percentage is increased.

silver_bay

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Mine looks like GA's screen shot..... I didn't even notice it until I read this thread!

southkogs

Staff member
Screen resolution will play a big role in it too. I have a pretty high res screen ... the box is almost 2" to the left of the actual topic window.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy don't take much to irritate some of you guys, if I was to say anything, I would suggest moving it to the right side of the screen, as the forums always left justify for me.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Boy don't take much to irritate some of you guys, if I was to say anything, I would suggest moving it to the right side of the screen, as the forums always left justify for me.

Yes, we know... people of our caliber are just so high strung! :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Back To Top box was on the right side after one of the updates and was moved to the left as the result of member suggestions.

I very seldom use it, but some do it seems.

toneeees

Administrator
I'm fine with removing it, there is a back to top link on the bottom of every forum page.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yes, we know... people of our caliber are just so high strung! :)

You want high strung, drop by this weekend and we will pull out the M-16's and the Thompson! This is my annual weekend to pull the big boys out, one of my buddies is dropping by with his .50 cal browning, so it could be an interesting weekend!

:faint2:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I don't get it! Yeah it is a wee bit of a PITA but why do we even need it? What ever happened to the good old windows Home button?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
All of my computers, laptop as well as desktops have a home button, I just pushed the one on this laptop and it took me to the top of the window.

Virtually ever website I visit these days has a back to the top option on one side or the other, including Newspaper sites, Ebay, my banking sites.

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
I believe the back to top button became a normal on websites when Mobile devices became such an important part of web development.