URL copy paste issue

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Still having the issue where the ULR multiplies when doing a C/P

was doing it earlier then the site locked up on me probably because the paste was getting so big (it exposentially gets bigger ie 2, then 4, then 8, then 16, etc) and chrome aske dme to close or wait so I close then no issues for awhile then it just started again. only URLs - I can copy link to pic and no issues.

I copied same (clipboard) to an Outlook emails, a Word doc, a notepad and two other forums reply box an no issue so it has to be something here.

Like this:

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa.../fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/5018609725.html

toneeees

Administrator
This sounds more client related, I can't find anyone else reporting this issue.

What browser do you use? What plugins do you have installed?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Chrome and cant find where it would list any plug ins, of which I have installed none but maybe they come with it? And the reason no one else is reporting it is maybe they don't past as many as I do? Just did about 20 in the starcraft section and it doesn't start right away last time I closed/opened browser it was fours URLs c/p before it started up again.

toneeees

Administrator
Chrome and cant find where it would list any plug ins, of which I have installed none but maybe they come with it? And the reason no one else is reporting it is maybe they don't past as many as I do? Just did about 20 in the starcraft section and it doesn't start right away last time I closed/opened browser it was fours URLs c/p before it started up again.

Ahh, check out your Accessibility options and look for sticky keys. Check to see if this is enabled.

Type this in your browser chrome://extensions/

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Google Doc, Sheets and Slides are the only things showing.

Only thing showing on Accessibility is 'add more'

When I search settings for the word Sticky it returns no results

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Hi light the URL you want to copy, then hit ctnl C, then go to your message and hit ctnl V and it will paste the URL or word, or what ever want to put in the message.

southkogs

Staff member
This has saved me several headaches with links. As opposed to copy and paste (CTRL+C / CTRL+V), use the hotlink:

I usually type the word HERE or THIS, or whatever else fits, then highlight that word. Click into the advanced editor tools and click the "link" tool:
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 5.37.36 PM.png

Enter the URL in the dialogue that comes up:
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 5.37.55 PM.png

And you'll wind up with the highlighted word as a hotlink.
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 5.38.16 PM.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ah like editing a link in Outlook when I hot link my files' location on the SharePoint

Like this

a bit diff sequence but I think I can do it, as long as the multiples don't end up in that.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Ctnl C and Ctnl V is the only way I have ever copy and pasted stuff, but I am old.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Today pasting some duplicate stuff in my other two forums and only here I have the duplication issue. Other two forums are The Hull Truth and Forumly Challenged Boaters. No issues there, same thing inn my clipboard for CTL+V duplicates the link in the reply box here.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
I sometimes get some strange Javascript messages when I try to highlight, spellcheck words in a reply window while I am typing.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, if I try to copy/cut paste using the "right-click" menu, sometimes it works and sometimes not.

But it's ONLY on this site. It NEVER happens on other forum sites running either older versions of vBulletin or other forum software.

I just attribute it to my opensource implementation of either Java (openJDK) or JavaScript. But that's just a guess....... I haven't tried to do a "debug"

This all created with OpenSuSE x64 13.2 Linux, KDE 5.0, Firefox 40.0, OpenJDK 1_7 etc etc........

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
to be clear, it is not all the time; only intermittent and when it does start it continues (and gets mores multiplying) . It is solved when I close Iboats page and come back. Only on photobucket IMG code.