Signature picture

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Anyone available to PM with to walk me thru editing my Signature picture?

alldodge

Staff member
Anyone available to PM with to walk me thru editing my Signature picture?

Go to top right corner where your name is.
Select "setting" from the drop down list.
Select "account" tab
Scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options"
Select "edit post signature"

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Did that already but I do not see how to remove the picture that I already have when I'm at "edit post signature"..
Would like to remove the picture there, edit and resize it in photobucket and then repost it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I think you treat a sig pix like posting any other pix, except for sizing.

When i look at my 'edit post signature' theres a bunch of formatting good for my links and between the word Majic and the dates, theres a file attachment ID/code line of formatting.

If I delete just that portion of code, and insert a new photobucket IMG code for a small (50kb+/-) pix, the new pix should be where i put it in my signature, right?

The vB5 software seems to treat signature pix just like a regular pix, you just have to make them small. Otherwise all the same formatting options are there, including using the forum uploader option for pix/attachments.

southkogs

Staff member
Bonz:

LOL ... just finished a tutorial HERE on how to post a SIG.

If you've got the photo in your signature hosted at Photobucket now, there is an editor on Photobucket's site and if you use that the linked image in your signature should automatically update.

If you don't have that image linked, or can't edit the one on Photobucket - in the signature editor on iBoats, simply highlight the image with your cursor and DELETE just like you would text (CTRL + A should select everything in your signature and you can delete it all). It should go away.

Then you can link, upload or copy your new image in.

If you need to download the image in your signature, you can try right clicking it and select SAVE AS. I'm not sure if that will get your your image as you uploaded it or not. I haven't tried that.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys, at least now I have something to work with.
Southkogs I haven't read your tutorial yet but I will for sure.

Now how familiar are you guys with photobucket? I have the picture saved there and even copied to have one to work with. I have already cropped it to were I'd like
and have saved that. Now when I add it to my sig is it going to size properly or will it still take up the same space as if it weren't cropped?
Hope that made sense.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
OK that didn't work. In edit signature when I right click on the photo I get the copy, paste, or a link, unlink. I do not see the image code to delete it.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well at least I now have the old picture removed. Now I need to figure out how to crop and resize the picture as the cropped picture I saved will not load to my signature.

jbcurt00

Staff member
You have an extraneous http link showing in your signature just above the pix.

Otherwise it appears to be a narrower crop of the same pix. Narrower ~ shorter vertically below your post. On my phone it doesnt look like it lost any resolution or detail

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Thanks jb., I think it looks better. Also doesn't take up as much space on the page. Any suggestion on how to remove that http?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks very much WIMUSKY, I really appreciate that!! You mods are the best.

jbcurt00

Staff member

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Again thank John. Looks like WIMUSKY already helped me out.
I normally don't have a problem posting pictures or links to a posting. Learning curve on the sig though. Think I'll leave it be for now as it doesn't look too bad or too intrusive.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
No problem, bonz. I just went "behind the scenes" and fixed it..... :)