posting pics

tjakobic

Petty Officer 1st Class
Two years ago I had a iPhone when I was posting pics. Now I have a Samsung and I can't figure out how to post pictures. Can any one help?? Thanks in advance

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
TJ - Moved this into the Issues section mainly so others might see it.

Did you download an app to your iPhone? The Photobucket app has been working well for many with a smartphone. Also with PB, it loads nice sized pics if you copy the IMG code and paste the code the message area. Really, PB is one of the easiest ways to add pics to your posts from a computer or mobile device.

toneeees

Administrator
Two years ago I had a iPhone when I was posting pics. Now I have a Samsung and I can't figure out how to post pictures. Can any one help?? Thanks in advance

You can attach a photo by clicking the "Attach File" icon.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I used photobucket for a while, but since then I switched to using this site only for all pictures, and here is why. The main reason this forum rejects your pictures is because it is too large to post. I take my pictures and run them through mspaint and resize them by 50% and keep the percentages the same. Then you can upload them without issue. Now why do I do that instead of a PB account, because IF you move anything in your PB account, the link is gone. And that is true for threads that are a year or two older. So if you want to show your project and want it to be there for years to come to show newer folks what you done and how, you need to use this forum for your pictures so they are there for others to see later on. PB is good, but you can't even move or delete your pictures there or all is lost... And if that happens, what good is the older thread on these forums explaining and showing how you accomplished you project? IDK JMHO!

Weirdboymike

Seaman
I am also having picture loading issues. I thought it was the size of the file so I did what gm280 said and opened them in paint to significantly reduce the file size. However for some reason I needed to open and save them twice as the same file for most of them to work, however I can not get some to upload at all and all the message says is "unknown error" the file size is only 242KB and smaller than others I have loaded. They are all JPEG files. Any idea whats going on?

jmarines

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im having the same issue as stated above. I'm also using android

toneeees

Administrator
When you are saving the image, make sure you are not only adding the ".jpeg" to the file name, but changing the file type to .jpeg. If you'd like to send me an email with the photo, you can do so. Message me for my email address.

bbrian017

Cadet
I try and upload an image and it's saying Invalid file data 20150519_192510.jpg please help

GA_Boater

What you uploading from? And which icon are you using to try to upload?

southkogs

Staff member
I try and upload an image and it's saying Invalid file data 20150519_192510.jpg please help Image Attachment Error
Brian try one more post and then give it a whirl. I think you have to have three posts before you can upload an image.

In the long haul, linking from Photobucket or something like that has been the best option for folks, but you should be able to upload an attachment as well.

EDIT - bbrian might need to do 2 more posts because one of his dupes was deleted. GA_Boater

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Here is an explanation of the image attachment icons written by member AllDodge:

pic post1.jpgpic post2.jpg