not authorized to post????????

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I keep getting a 'not authorized to create a post' pop up when I try to post on existing threads. It happened a couple times yesterday, and now twice today. After failing to post I find I need to log back in, but when I checked during my attempt to post I could still see me user name at the top of the page. To simplify;
- logged in
- read a bunch of threads in the rebuild section
- typed up a reply on someone's thread
- pressed button to post
- pop up box says I'm not 'authorized' to create a post
- checked at top of page and see my user name, looks like I'm still logged on
- pushed 'forums' button so I could post my issue in here
- forums page opens up and I'm not logged in anymore
- re-logged in and tried again to respond to the same thread
- got 'unauthorized' message again, although my user name is still in the top right of the page
- went back to 'forums' and again I'm no longer logged on
- re-logged in and here I am

Very frustrating! I don't know if this would be a site issue or something wrong at my end??????

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
"Remember me" when you logged in wasn't checked. Your user name up top doesn't mean you are still logged on. Refresh the page and it will change to log on.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It works fine now with the 'remember me' box checked, thanks. You mentioned to refresh the page. Dumb question, how do I 'refresh' on windows 7? There was a refresh button on my old system, but I haven't been able to refresh for years since I got this laptop. :facepalm: Duh...:smash:.:help:

alldodge

Staff member
Same thing happens if a moderator moves/deletes thread while your in the process of putting together a reply.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It works fine now with the 'remember me' box checked, thanks. You mentioned to refresh the page. Dumb question, how do I 'refresh' on windows 7? There was a refresh button on my old system, but I haven't been able to refresh for years since I got this laptop. :facepalm: Duh...:smash:.:help:

F5 or right click and refresh or reload depending in which browser you use, Mike. It seems that we are staying logged in across sessions again. So may be you won't have to log in every time you start iboats.

Same thing happens if a moderator moves/deletes thread while your in the process of putting together a reply.

Just about the same as another Mod moving or deleting the thread being to moved or deleted by me :doh:

Last edited:

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Another way to 'refresh' is to click on the little circly symbol at the end of the URL line...