PMing on iboats?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Just received my first PM since the new forum software. It appears to be set up similar to other email client programs. However, I see no provision for 'replying' to the sender's message. What am I missing?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Click the message title and type at the the bottom where it says "Write something", just like replying in a thread. The "SEE MORE" is only a message preview.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No prob, Boomy. The other thing is we don't the new PM pop-up any more. Watch for the red new message light in the message box beside your username at the top of the page.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I do know about the little red box with the numbers in it but I do have another question about the Message Center PM section. When you open the Inbox, it shows both Sent and Received messages. When you open the Sent folder, it does the same thing. It has both sent and received messages. What gives??

toneeees

Administrator
I believe that happens because PM's are considered "Conversations" now, so it has the entire conversation in both sections.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
VBB in their new version considers virtually everything a "Conversation" Most of the major forums system companies have gone to this format.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I hope I'm not high-jacking here, but along the same lines, how do I clear the red messages box and keep the PM's in my inbox?

Fun Times

Staff member
I hope I'm not high-jacking here, but along the same lines, how do I clear the red messages box and keep the PM's in my inbox?
Hi there, To clear the red message, click on messages by the red number, open the inbox, then click on the "title" to fully open the message.

If you click on see more or just open the main inbox and read the message, it will not clear the red number.

Opening the message will clear the red number and it'll also save the message too.

I'll send you a test PM.