Is this site messed up or is my computer wacked ?

mr 88

Commander
I can read entire posts when I am NOT logged in. When I log in I can scroll about 3/4 of the way down on a topic and then it locks up.Log out and I can read the entire post/topic.This is the only site it happens on. Also I love how someone asks a question/has a issue and when people that are trying to help start asking for more info they never get a reply.Then the OP never rarely replys with a thanks guys you solved my problem.I stopped replying to most topics because of that .....Well i tried the suggestions listed below and it is still the same.The only way I can reply is to edit my post. When I open up the first page of topics the most recent post they shown on the front window is not the most recent when you go to that page. This site is the most frustating site I have ever used......................EDIT ATT. TONEEES--------, yes this is still a issue ,I cannot reply to your post any other way than this or start a new topic.BTW I noticed this a couple weeks ago,so this should have nothing to do with the security update you mentioned in the other thread about lockups.

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
I'm using my tablet this morning, and haven't noticed anything odd. Is your browser up to date? Do you have any new antivirus software that could be interfering with your browser?

As far as people not responding to their own posts I think they don't get the quick easy answer they want to hear so they quit replying. Either that or when the do get a solution they are like a lot of people now days just inconsiderate, and ungrateful.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Working a lot better now as compared to when they first changed the software. No problems of your sort. My problems were and sometimes still are in posting. You write your blurb and punch the post button. Sometimes it wouldn't post. Course maybe I was in too big of a hurry in wanting to see it posted and moving on to wait for the posting. Could have been a heavy traffic period.

Mark

jbcurt00

Staff member
88: PM a mod and ask them to move this question to the problems forum:
iboats-forum-and-website-issues
1st time I've seen someone report this type of problem, so perhaps Toneees and the tech minions are under the 'hood' this weekend tinkering.....:noidea:

When they do tinker around w/ the vB5 stuff, often clearing your browser's cache helps solve many of the problems. Might try that as well

As far as people not responding to their own posts I think they don't get the quick easy answer they want to hear so they quit replying...............
Putting user and boat safety above all else is 1 of the reasons I prefer this site over others, and I wholly agree ^^^

That and I suspect many view this as a resource for themselves, not something that NEEDS to be contributed to for those that follow after us into boat rehab madness
:watermelon: :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I can read entire posts when I am NOT logged in. When I log in I can scroll about 3/4 of the way down on a topic and then it locks up.Log out and I can read the entire post/topic.This is the only site it happens on. Also I love how someone asks a question/has a issue and when people that are trying to help start asking for more info they never get a reply.Then the OP never rarely replys with a thanks guys you solved my problem.I stopped replying to most topics because of that.

88 - Try clearing History, etc. Here is a method for that if you are on Internet Explorer. https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

The site does seem to be a little slow today. Maybe the Admin guys are doing some behind the scenes stuff. :noidea:

thumpar

Admiral
The site has gotten a lot better than when the upgrade was done but still has issues.

toneeees

Administrator
I can read entire posts when I am NOT logged in. When I log in I can scroll about 3/4 of the way down on a topic and then it locks up.Log out and I can read the entire post/topic.This is the only site it happens on. Also I love how someone asks a question/has a issue and when people that are trying to help start asking for more info they never get a reply.Then the OP never rarely replys with a thanks guys you solved my problem.I stopped replying to most topics because of that .....Well i tried the suggestions listed below and it is still the same.The only way I can reply is to edit my post. When I open up the first page of topics the most recent post they shown on the front window is not the most recent when you go to that page. This site is the most frustating site I have ever used.

Is this still an issue?