Site time out issue

blazin_jason

Seaman Apprentice
Posting from my work WiFi on my phone. I am getting constant time out issues at home. It also won't load on the mobile data network either. I am with telus for both mobile and home internet. It is almost like iboats is isp blocking any telus users? This is the only site I've noticed this, going on at least 2 weeks now.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Sorry to hear about your issue.......

I would try to clear the cache, cookies and reboot your home system. I have run into those problems and my iphone hangs up sometimes when I post ....... I usually just rest the iphone and things come right back.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Not to highjack anybody's comment, but I have experienced a few issues myself via a standard computer input to these forums. If I take a while to lay out my thoughts and then reread what I've typed, when I try to post it, I get a statement that I don't have the proper authority to post. And even though I am still logged on, I can't post anything until I sign off and back on again. Then it is okay until my next try after a while. I had this with the last version of these forums and was hoping this newer version would have fixed that issue. I just have to type my comment and then copy it, log off and then log back on and paste it to make my comment. So I refrain from too many comment now. Probably not a bad idea anyways...

blazin_jason

Seaman Apprentice
Its not just the forum it's the whole site. IE, FF, private sessions, desktop, laptop, 2 separate phones on either WiFi or data, and nothing works. Works fine on a different isp.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Not to highjack anybody's comment, but I have experienced a few issues myself via a standard computer input to these forums. If I take a while to lay out my thoughts and then reread what I've typed, when I try to post it, I get a statement that I don't have the proper authority to post. And even though I am still logged on, I can't post anything until I sign off and back on again. Then it is okay until my next try after a while. I had this with the last version of these forums and was hoping this newer version would have fixed that issue. I just have to type my comment and then copy it, log off and then log back on and paste it to make my comment. So I refrain from too many comment now. Probably not a bad idea anyways...

GM - If you are having trouble with posting by getting the the authorization message, your log on timed out. Make sure you click "Remember Me" when you log in. Even though when you look at the top and see your username and if you click if, one of the choices is log out, you aren't logged in when you get the authorization message.

The forums have always acted this way. If "Remember Me" isn't checked, you will be logged out after some period of time. I'm not sure how long, but somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. Try it and see if that helps. If it doesn't let us know.

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
Just checked, saw you're in Canada. I highly doubt we are blocking anything near you. I will have to follow up with our server guy on Monday.

You can see if we are blocking you by visiting iboats from a proxy website. Google search for proxy website and try using that to access the site.

blazin_jason

Seaman Apprentice
Yes, BC. I'll give that a try. I used an ip mask at home to test before, and the site loaded.

toneeees

Administrator
So you are only able to view iboats.com when using a proxy website? Is that correct?

toneeees

Administrator
Heard back from our IT guy yesterday and he says there is nothing in place blocking your IP address. He believes it to be a problem with your internet service provider. I'd give your ISP a call and see what is going on.

blazin_jason

Seaman Apprentice
Well after almost a year, out of the blue it's working again! Maybe now I will get the motivation to get back to my projects.