Frustrating: trying to link to a specific thread and editing post problem

lakelover

Rear Admiral
When I try to insert a link to another thread as a reference in my post, it shows up OK in the preview, but when it's posted, the link only points back to the forum home.

Then, if I try to edit to "remove link", when I click "save", I get an error message that wants me to insert a valid link. But I'm trying to get rid of the link! :noidea:

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
I'm using Pale Moon; I'll try another browser.
Try posting the link in question even if it don't work.

Does the link eventually create it's own *************'s when trying to finalize a post? Or does half the link work but not the second half - in turn not allowing the link to work altogether? "Sometimes" some links will have a "self break" between two numbers or letters that you will have to manually close in order to get the link to work.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
No luck in Explorer either. Thanks for adding the link, GA. I don't know what the heck all that mumbo-jumbo above is! I tried to put in a screenshot.

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
Lol, sorry I asked for the link.:eek:.:D

I'm going to remove all that for you.;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Are we confusing you FT? :smile: While this was going on in this topic, I was trying to fix LL's topic. I was half successful. BTW - LL was inserting the link to this topic http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...craft-jet-star into this post http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...12#post8906812

Let's see what happens if I try it here. EDIT - Nope, it did exactly the same thing as in LL's topic. If you edit this post you can see the link as it should be, but the visible link is to Forum Home. And where is the Facebook stuff coming from? :confused:

Last edited:

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Every time I tried to edit that big page of gibberish from trying to post the screenshot, my browser would freeze up no matter which one I tried it in. Anyway, thanks for the help!