How to Edit Signature in new forum?

lakelover

Rear Admiral
I've found that a link in my signature is dead. I can't seem to find how to edit my signature to fix it; a search only provides links to 2013 and earlier. I don't see any link to do it using either Pale Moon or IE browsers.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Found it. I knew that would happen as soon as I posted here! :D

User Name> User Settings> Account> Edit Post Signature (under "Conversation Detail Options")

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was just going to post ^^^^^ that, LL.. :doh: LOL

lakelover

Rear Admiral
I looked on that page, I don't know why I didn't see it the first 5 or 6 times!! :rolleyes::faint2::facepalm:...Reminds me of my 48" ruler that's only 47-7/8" long.

Im Lon 2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you!! Bet I looked for 30 mins. Looked right over it every time.

GA_Boater

I had to ask when I did mine, you are not alone. :lol:

Memphis117

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I went to the edit post signature several times, double clicked on the image, the settings won't save. Now I have a giant dog picture I can't get rid of. I've hidden my signature now. I can't even delete it; if you try, it reads, please add signature.

toneeees

Administrator
I went to the edit post signature several times, double clicked on the image, the settings won't save. Now I have a giant dog picture I can't get rid of. I've hidden my signature now. I can't even delete it; if you try, it reads, please add signature.

What picture would you like as your signature? I'll see if I can fix it for you

Memphis117

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here he is!!! :) I fixed it in Photobucket.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Welcome aboard, MX. Changed your signature a little bit to conform to the forum rules. Nothing serious.

64osby

Admiral
Trying to edit my sig. I keep getting this message.

Error saving signature: Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BB code markup.

What does this mean?

I replaced my pic with one that was smaller and reduced the characters but still the error keeps popping up.

edit; now the pic and sig are changed. Must be one of the :yield: glitches.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Unfortunately, I think multiple links in your sig makes the TOTAL number of characters >1000.

BB code markup is all the carp formatting info the forum software uses to convert text into BOLD/Italic/underlined, font size/color/type and the url/img coding for pix and links. There are a minimum of 5 characters for every change, no matter which you use. The 4 total parenthesis and the backslash plus the characters for the change and or formatting: img, url, B or whatever the letters/numbers might be.

Color/sizing and font type are a huge number of characters compared to the others, as does smiliies. On my phone a simple smiley might be only 22 characters colon and right parenthesis :)

Others are 30+ characters. I suspect beating a dead horse is several more then 2 :deadhorse:

No idea what the conversion is for sig pix into character link, but there's probably a form factor for converting it.............

I deleted all the 19XX from my boat sig links, only saved me the 19 (2 characters) per link, but seemed to help get the total under 1000

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Thanks jbc - the sig seems to be working everywhere but in this thread. ???

Edit - works on this post but not the above posts ???

jbcurt00

Staff member
It seems to be showing on my end on all the posts. The 1973/63 part of the 1st and last isn't part of the link, but other wise all 3 topics are linked in all 3 of your posts here. You find one elsewhere in another topic,and it doesn't show up AND link correctly, drop a link to that post here so we can find it.

GA_Boater

64 - Posts #13 & 14 in this thread are missing the pics, but have the links. #16 above has everything in your sig, including pics.

JB - No Majic pic in your sig. :blue: Been missing for a while.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thats a forum error then, it has been showing on my end.

Going to make a change soon anyway.

Edit: doesnt show in my previous post from 3/4 @1135p but did show on this post, on my wnd anyway

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
My signature picture disappears from time-to-time like that. Haven't been able to make sense of it.