Flagging a post error

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
When I try to flag a post I get an error. Are the mods getting any info when this happens?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
getting the same issue when flagging duplicate posts.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All I can say is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

GA_Boater

I just flagged my post # 3. It worked. Will someone other than a Mod flag #3. Please post that you flagged it. One is enough. :eek:

EDIT - Never mind. It looks like only Mods can flag posts. Tony ????? See post #5

Last edited:

GA_Boater1

Cadet
I tried to flag #3. It didn't work. "an unexpected error was returned '8632372'"

Fun Times

Staff member
I have in the past test flagged successfully after members mentioned not being able to. I have not noticed a flagged post in weeks though by members but did see GA's test flag.

Please keep on trying to flag them guys or as you know your welcome to PM any of us if you keep getting an error message.;)

Thanks again everyone.:)

Edit: GA, I seen your test, I clicked it then went back to recheck it and it was gone. I believe once someone has opened it completely it marks it as done automatically and the rest of us don't get to see it like we used to.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I saw the message light, FT. Then I tried a non-Mod flag and got the error posted in #5. So I cleared the flag, that's why it disappeared. I'll flag one for you, Fun. :D

GA_Boater

That appears to be the case, Scott. I'm as :confused: as you. I guess you are getting the error I posted earlier.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I am kinda glad I posted this now. I figured you guys knew that us non-mods were having this issue!

GA_Boater

I knew we were having the error for everyone a few weeks back, but I test flagged some posts late last week that worked. So I thought it was working, except I flagged while wearing the :mod:. Win some, lose some. :mad: There are some things working better for Mods and some things working better for non-Mods. Make life interesting when testing stuff, believe me. I switch back and forth a lot.

toneeees

Administrator
Ya it looks like I can flag posts as well. I'll see if there is a permissions setting limiting members from flagging posts.

toneeees

Administrator
It looks like this is a known issue in vBulletin. The issue report shows that it will not be fixed until 5.1.4, unfortunately they just barely released 5.1.3 last week.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It looks like this is a known issue in vBulletin. The issue report shows that it will not be fixed until 5.1.4, unfortunately they just barely released 5.1.3 last week.

ok, now can we force IB to listen to Its a small world..... or maybe Helen Reddy - the Las Vegas years