Thread Title and Forum Change

jbcurt00

Staff member
Jeff, you are certainly free to do as you wish w/ your Topic and it's 'home' but I'd like to make a suggestion, more of a request really:

You've done a LOT of work to La Boat, I'd suggest you leave the Topic where it is, in the Resto forum. Have a MOD change the title if you wish.

Start a new Topic in the Cherokee boats forum, sort of a Before and After Topic. Just cut/paste some of your old posts and pix.

Once the title is changed in the Resto forum and you've got the Before/After Topic setup, go to your first post in each Topic, edit them and insert a link to the other Topic. That's how I did my Duracraft Topics. Started a Topic in the Duracraft forum until I'd really gotten started working on the boat. Then once I started working on it, I started a Topic in the resto forum.

Covers as much internet 'ground' as I possibly can so that someone looking to redo a Duracraft or that has questions about them, they can find it in both places, but no matter where the start, they can also easily find the other.

From the Resto forum:
It's been a little under a week since I started this thread:
New project jumping to the front of the line: 1957 (?) Duracraft
over in the Duracraft forum. Please stop by there to catch up w/ a few details & a bunch of pix. I'll recap a bit here:

And from the Duracraft forum:
Re: New project jumping to the front of the line: 1957 (?) Duracraft

At this point, I must admit that this is now 'officially' a rebuild thread & I should start a new thread in the resto section.

Please stop by the dry dock thread:
[h=1]1957 Duracraft Duraflite Custom[/h]
For the continuation of the rebuild. I will try to update this thread as well w/ milestones, but the posts will be less frequent....

Just my 2cents ;)

BTW: La Boat is looking great!

As a side note, I'd also encourage you to start a condensed version of the rebuild once you've got it nearly 100% complete (they aren't ever really 'finished') and ask a MOD to post it the Completed Projects forum. Just ask one if you have questions about how to or what to include in the condensed Topic for submission to the Completed Projects forum.

IMO, we see way too many projects that get close to complete or are 'completed' that then get put back into service w/ no further info, pix, or details about how much enjoyment the rebuilder is getting USING a boat instead of working on one. Most of these projects are time consuming, take a fair amount of will power to stick it out & finish so as a whole the rebuilders should be congratulated. Who better to do that then guys that have done or are doing something similar.

Besides seeing the final results another rookie DIY boat rehab guy can accomplish is a huge help to those suffering thru the worse parts of their own rebuild.

Good luck however you decide to proceed.

jhendery

Petty Officer 1st Class
Good luck however you decide to proceed.

Thanks JB. Ok I will create a second thread in the Cherokee boats forum and begin the process of condensing the posts. In the meantime I would like to have my thread renamed. Who can help me with that?

1970's Aluminum Mckenzie Cherokee Runabout Rebuild

Thanks.

Jeff

jbcurt00

Staff member
oops I thought it was changed, but it isn't yet.

I'll flag your post. I'll quote your request in the flag reply box and when they have time a MOD should be able to change it for you.

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
Thanks JB. Ok I will create a second thread in the Cherokee boats forum and begin the process of condensing the posts. In the meantime I would like to have my thread renamed. Who can help me with that? 1970's Aluminum Mckenzie Cherokee Runabout Rebuild Thanks. Jeff
That "forum" doesn't actually exist. You are looking at the boating directory. The directory has pre populated topics related to the category you are in. It's basically a search result page. I will change it when I get in the office today, or maybe a mod will get to it before I do.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was going to move your rebuild to the Cherokee forum. We don't have one because Cherokee would be a model of Mckenzie. And we don't have a Mckenzie forum either. I looked over at Fiberglassics which has one of the most comprehensive lists of older boat and manufacturers - They don't have either one listed. All I find by Googling is McKenzie river drift boats

:confused:

jhendery

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was going to move your rebuild to the Cherokee forum. We don't have one because Cherokee would be a model of Mckenzie. And we don't have a Mckenzie forum either. I looked over at Fiberglassics which has one of the most comprehensive lists of older boat and manufacturers - They don't have either one listed. All I find by Googling is McKenzie river drift boats

:confused:

Here are brochures for two Cherokee boats - 1500 Bolero and 1450 Playboy.

I believe my boat is the 1500 Bolero Cherokee.

I think the boats were built by Mckenzie Boat Manufacturing Co in Tennessee.

How do we go about creating a Cherokee forum?

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I cant help w creating a Cherokee sub-forum, but would love to know if you got those pix from a brochure you own or did you find the brochure pix online?

jhendery

Petty Officer 1st Class
I cant help w creating a Cherokee sub-forum, but would love to know if you got those pix from a brochure you own or did you find the brochure pix online?

SSDALE posted in my rebuild thread with the information. (post# 312)

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...num-mckenzie-cherokee-runabout-rebuild/page21

So we know the boats were manufactured by Mckenzie Boat Company in Tennessee.

And we know two specific models. (Cherokee Bolero and Cherokee Playboy)

Is it possible to have a forum created for Cherokee or Mckenzie boats?

jhendery

Petty Officer 1st Class
Mc Kenzie Boat Manufacturing Company - Cherokee boats

Thanks Dale for the information.