Topics with missing Images

toneeees

Administrator
I'm revisiting the issue about missing attachments and need some updated information.

Are you still noticing this issue?

Can you provide some links to topics where the image/file is not showing?

Thanks for your help.

UncleWillie

Captain
No Title

How did you attach the pics, Willie?
I believe I used the "Image" icon on the right side of the Advanced editor. The picture were visible for at least half a day before they disappeared. I have tried to edit the post by deleting the null photos and re-posting them but they will not show.
Just for a test....

#1. Oops! The Image button hangs forever at the "Send to Server Step".

(No Photo)

#2. This one was from the "Share Photo" Button at the upper left
fetch

#3 This one is a "Small" from The "Upload Attachment" Button at the Upper Right.
GasAndOilFlopped.jpg

Lets see if they remain visible.

Attachments

• photo208692.jpg
    photo208692.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I believe I used the "Image" icon on the right side of the Advanced editor. The picture were visible for at least half a day before they disappeared. I have tried to edit the post by deleting the null photos and re-posting them but they will not show.
Just for a test....

#1. Oops! The Image button hangs forever at the "Send to Server Step".

(No Photo)

#2. This one was from the "Share Photo" Button at the upper left
fetch

#3 This one is a "Small" from The "Upload Attachment" Button at the Upper Right.

Lets see if they remain visible.

So far they are. I thought I saw the jars with fuel in them before. The Share Photo Camera seems to be the most troublesome for some reason. BTW - Attached pics won't show in a quote or they haven't lately. The new normal I guess. Pasted IMG code pics from Photobucket or another hosting service seem to survive a quote.

Yep! the Pictures have returned and the Red "X" boxes are gone. TNX.

I think the OP listened to the how to post pics. But some pics seem to fade away like your gas jars.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes, the Ghost In The Machine is back. It has been reported.

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
I have a button on the editor toolbar which should allow me to attach an image but when I tried to attaach a photo of my boat to my signature, it never displays. It only shows some HTML. I see other folks who manage to get images as part of their signatures; why not me?

toneeees

Administrator
I have a button on the editor toolbar which should allow me to attach an image but when I tried to attaach a photo of my boat to my signature, it never displays. It only shows some HTML. I see other folks who manage to get images as part of their signatures; why not me?

When you upload the signature, do not use the "Upload Attachment" button. Toggle the advanced editor, and look for the "Image" icon ( looks like mountains with the sun above them ). This should work, let me know if you have any questions.

jayhanig

No joy. I go to my Profile > Account > Edit Post Signature. Select Advanced Editor > Images > Upload tab > Browse > (Select, Open) > Send It To The Server.

A window opens with "Edit Post Signature" as the title; the advanced editor at the top; my selected photo displayed in the middle, and the text of my signature at the bottom. It looks great and as I would expect and hope it would. I click Save. It says Signature Saved. I click OK.

Then I go to one of the forums, refresh the page, and see that my picture didn't quite make it to the signature on any of my posts. Bummer.

jayhanig

I am going to try again, only this time I'm going to upload my photo to Photobucket and then retrieve it from there. Maybe that'll work. Film at 11, as it were.

toneeees

Administrator
No joy. I go to my Profile > Account > Edit Post Signature. Select Advanced Editor > Images > Upload tab > Browse > (Select, Open) > Send It To The Server.

A window opens with "Edit Post Signature" as the title; the advanced editor at the top; my selected photo displayed in the middle, and the text of my signature at the bottom. It looks great and as I would expect and hope it would. I click Save. It says Signature Saved. I click OK.

Then I go to one of the forums, refresh the page, and see that my picture didn't quite make it to the signature on any of my posts. Bummer.

Send me a private message with the image or post it here, I will attempt to fix and see if it gives me any problems.

jayhanig

Eureka!! The answer is this: Go to Edit Post Signature > Advanced Editor > Images > Image Info tab. Paste in a URL from Photobucket or whomever. Do NOT click on "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Click on Save.

As you can see, I do indeed have "film at 11".

toneeees

Administrator
Glad you were able to get it figured out! Thanks for sharing the steps.