1992 Stringray 536zp Bilge Pump Issue's Please Help?

Stringray1992

Recruit
I have a 1992 Stringray Bowrider Model # 536zp Mercuser 3.0 I/O and i'm having bilge pump issues. My pump was working fine and one day I showed up to my boat and the automatic pump must of stop working so I started doing it on the dash switch, now the switch stop working and the boat pretty much sank after a hurricane. My question is how can I get the pump to work again to get the water out of the hull? The pump is under the motor so I can't really get to it……, it has 3 wires coming from it, 1 black and 2 grayish brown ones. One of the non black wires looks like it came off something, it looks like it may be a ground or something that was attached near the motor? Also where would I find the fuse box? Any help would be a GREAT HELP as I start my restore. Please serious inquires only.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Stingray - dunno' how you wound up in the "Website Issues" section of the forums, but hopefully a MOD can move it for ya'.

Best suggestion based on what you said above: replace your bilge pump and check your wiring. I dunno' what it takes to get back in your bilge (I have to remove seats), but you'll want to get in there. I would also check fuses/breakers and make sure they're doing what they're supposed to.