Help...How do I fix this???

toneeees

Administrator
OK iboats developers. I'll throw you a bone here. If you don't have any real testing tools then use this http://netrenderer.com/ You will see the issue he is reporting. As for "better" browsers (Chrome, Firefox) IE owns the business market, if you expect to be selling anything to people at work - make sure you are testing with the most prevalent browser.

Thanks for the suggestion, I used the Browser Stack tool http://www.browserstack.com/

I was looking for a PC running the older version so I can see if there are any errors in the console or missing files in the source. Which I can not do with the tools above, they only show screen shots.

I'm not sure what has been changed to cause this, but I will speak with the IT team to see if they have made any changes that I am not aware of.

Our store pages should work fine in IE8.

Last edited:

oldjeep

Admiral
I was looking for a PC running the older version so I can see if there are any errors in the console or missing files in the source. Which I can not do with the tools above, they only show screen shots.

Time to setup some VM's for testing, if you're not doing that as part of a prerelease regression test then bad things are going to continue to happen in production.

r.j.dawg

Ensign
This morning I tried the other two machines I use. One is Win7/IE8 and the other is XP/IE8 and both diplay the forum the same as the machine I was using yesterday. The Win7/IE8 machine I used this morning was displaying fine last Friday.

toneeees

Administrator
This morning I tried the other two machines I use. One is Win7/IE8 and the other is XP/IE8 and both diplay the forum the same as the machine I was using yesterday. The Win7/IE8 machine I used this morning was displaying fine last Friday.

I believe on Friday, we changed to our new headers and footers. Maybe that has something to do with it, I will look into it.

toneeees

Administrator
toneeees - You fixed it....what ever you did. Thanks. :thumb:

Spent all morning on it, someone forgot a closing quote and IE8 isn't smart enough to close it. So hopefully that fixed it, let me know if something changes.