Rank is not advancing with post count

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I was just curious why my ranking did not go up when my post count went past 30. I am now at 45 posts but am still ranked as a cadet. Is this an issue since the update, or is it just me?

toneeees

Administrator
This is the first time hearing of this issue, I will do some more research.

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have noticed that as well. My posts have stayed on 49 for the last 4 posts. Still a cadet:watermelon:
now at 50 and still a cadet:cool:

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
It looks like the script that updates user promotions was disabled. I just enabled it and will check back later today to see if it worked.

toneeees

Administrator
Still does not seem to be working, I will investigate it further.

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
It might have something to do with the fact I'm using a Samsung tablet for the majority of the time? Just a suggestion. Also with any post that is auto saved, there is a few error messages that come up after post reply is hit . It then hangs and I tap refresh or a today's posts and its been posted. ?.....probably my end.
Kerry

jbcurt00

Staff member
All currently being worked on Barra, the post errors are not you or your tablet. Take a few minutes and read thru the rest of the Topics.

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank jbc. It's not a new problem by the looks of it. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the rank:lol:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey!! it's working now!! On my last post, suddenly my rank jumped from cadet to Petty Officer 3rd class! Not sure what you guys did, but it worked. Even though it was not an important issue, it is nice to see the rank advance. Thanks for your hard work with the forum!

toneeees

Administrator
Hey!! it's working now!! On my last post, suddenly my rank jumped from cadet to Petty Officer 3rd class! Not sure what you guys did, but it worked. Even though it was not an important issue, it is nice to see the rank advance. Thanks for your hard work with the forum!

Yesterday I ran the rank updater script and cleared our servers cache, hopefully it continues to update automatically so that I do not have to manually run the script every week.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not a huge priority, but, stuck again :( I know you guys are busy, and thanks for making this an awesome boating forum!!!

pckeen

Commander
Looks like the problem still exists - on the other hand, things are much smoother now than they were.

toneeees

Administrator
Looks like the problem still exists - on the other hand, things are much smoother now than they were.

It appears to be a problem with the updating script. I can run it again when I'm in the office tomorrow and it will correct the ranks.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I just noticed that my rank had advanced today to what it is supposed to be, just hadn't had a chance to post on this thread yet. I agree with pckeen, things do seem to be working smoother. Appreciate all your hard work running this awesome site.

toneeees

Administrator
I just ran the user rank script, so everyones rank should now be updated.