Where did my topic go??

Deeper

Cadet
I made a new topic a couple days ago and it had a few posts but it seems to have disappeared. It's not listed under my posts and I couldn't find it with a search. Who might be able to help me and what further info might be needed?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hi Deeper, what was the Topic and where was it posted?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
click on your user name in upper right corner and click 'recent posts'

Deeper

Cadet
Hi Deeper, what was the Topic and where was it posted?
It was titled something about help fixing a leak in boat for kids. It was about the same topic as my previous one from a few weeks ago, except that I now have pictures and further info. I posted it in the Boat Topics and Questions section.

Deeper

Cadet
I started it a day or two ago and most recently posted last night. When I click on Messages at the top with the red number beside it, all that remains is under messages where it simply says "replied to" and nothing else other than the date, "Yesterday, 01:37 AM". The is no evidence anywhere else left from it. I started it, has some replies, posted some photos, got another reply, replied to it, and now it's vanished.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It was probably deleted by a Mod since it dealt with the same subject as your older one. Use the link that I posted above to continue the discussion on the "leak" subject. Only one Topic is needed on any given issue.... Thanks...

Here's a link to your posts......
http://forums.iboats.com/member/309044-deeper

Last edited:

Deeper

Cadet
It was probably deleted by a Mod since it dealt with the same subject as your older one. Use the link that I posted above to continue the discussion on the "leak" subject. Only one Topic is needed on any given issue.... Thanks...

Here's a link to your posts......
http://forums.iboats.com/member/309044-deeper

Why would a Mod delete it without any warning? Why not delete the older one? This one had more relevant information, easier for people to help me find a solution. The info I did receive from it is now gone too. I thought you were supposed to create new posts rather than resurrect older ones. I find that incredibly rude if that's the case. Why not just close it instead of wiping out all evidence of it ever existing?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If it was deleted, there is no reason to notify. We can't monitor what thread is older or newer, especially when they're in different forums. This forum is very large that's why we have a link to a set of forum rules, which is common in every forum..

When you're the OP you can resurrect your topic anytime you want no matter how old.

11. Please do not post multiple threads in multiple forums about a single problem. This is confusing to those trying to help you. Multiple threads in the same forum about the same issue are also confusing. If you want help fast, one thread in the most closely related forum is the best way to get it.

Here's a full set of rules:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/forum...34-forum-rules

Last edited:

Deeper

Cadet
Is there any way to get it back?

Edit: Not sure if Admin can recover your topic or not. It will be left up to them. Your link came up invalid...

You've been a member for 3 years, you really need to familiarize yourself with the rules........ It's time to post this rule:

9. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, moderation, or management of this site please contact a moderator via PM or iboats management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.
If you have problems, questions, feedback or suggestions about the forums or the iboats website, please post your comments HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

toneeees

Administrator
It looks like it was permanently deleted and cannot be restored without reverting to a backed up version of the database. I apologize for any information that was lost, we like to keep posts related to the same issue in one topic to prevent confusion amongst the other members. It would've been better if we just merged the topics instead of deleting the duplicate. I will make sure this happens in the future to prevent the loss of any valuable information.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Deeper

Cadet
I closed one of the posts but did not delete it because it had content. I thought members could see a closed post but just not be able to post to it.

This is the one I did not close http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...epair/8027694-12-springbok-leaking-along-keel

This is the one I closed http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat.../8027660-12-springbok-leaking-hull-along-keel

Nothing was deleted.

These are both from a few weeks ago - neither are the missing one in question. What happened here was when I tried to post the topic, the site crashed before it posted (or so I thought because there was nothing there) so I reposted since I thought it didn't work the first time. Then later I realized that the first time DID actually work and now there were 2 identical topics made minutes apart but I couldn't delete either. I may have joined 3 years ago, but I didn't do anything at all on the forum until this post so I'm very new at this.

The missing topic was created July 27 just before midnight EDT and disappeared early this morning (July 29th) between 1 and 10 AM. I found the URL for my missing topic through Google (which I posted above) and the page no longer exists. There is no record of it in my posts or anywhere else.

I guess I will have to start over and resurrect my older post with my newer information and hope to get some help. Thank-you to those of you who have been helpful.