ID tags for sites where one responds are gone and that's just a shame!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
When one responds to a thread it used to be that you could follow up on the item because you had a marker in the listings identifying such. Now, there is nothing and the "Mark Channels Read" window at the top of the page is absolutely useless......nothing happens.

So what you have to do is to make yourself a list of the name, site, subject, and all the relevant items so that you can remember those to which you responded and those you didn't.

Meanwhile the person asking the question and waiting on the answer to fix a problem or whatever may just be left hanging......if you overlook the thread.

EDIT - Removed needless comments. GB

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Click your username and "My Recent Posts" are displayed, clicking that will give you a list. You can tell which ones have had activity because the title is darker blue and have the "go to first new post" icon by the title. Dim blue topics have had no activity since you replied. So you don't have to make a list of topics you replied to. EDIT - The green replied icon is being worked on to bring it back. It may not be so high on the list with the other problems, but we do have a way of seeing topics we've replied in.

I agree "Mark Channels Read" doesn't appear to do much. It used to, so it will passed on to support.

Anything more you need help with, just ask.

EDIT - We all have the same issues and work around them. If you ask how to do something, a member with the answer tell you. I am doing everything in the new version I did in the old version. Some things I figured out, some have been fixed and for some a member told me how.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Other than keeping you in the center of the channel, it's supposed to mark all posts as read so only new posts show up. Instead of having up to 10 pages or 150 new posts, the list is cut way down so when you click "New Posts", only new ones show. That's the theory anyway.

toneeees

Administrator
vBulletin is aware of the post indicator issue and they are working on it.

Mark Channels Read at the top works fine for me. It marks all posts ALL posts as read.