Re-Open Last Closed Window

southkogs

Staff member
Something that's happening (a little differently each time) for me (Safari on a Mac): If I close a Safari Window with a given topic/thread open and then select <REOPEN LAST CLOSED WINDOW> from the HISTORY menu, it just opens a blank window.

If I select the actual topic/thread from that same HISTORY menu it will open the topic in the window.

Google Chrome will work just fine though.

Dunno' what (if anything) that means ...

jbcurt00

Staff member
I use LOTS of tabs, but usually only 1 browser 'window' @FireFoxs most recent version. Occasionally, when I use history to re-open a Topic tab I closed, I get the old 'page'. Even if I posted a reply, it sometimes requires a reload to list my post. And I'm not 100%, but I think it occasionally happens when I click a Topic heading on the Resto page. Seemed odd, but not notable. I thought it might have been my computer or FireFox.

Or in the case of a Topic that received criticism that the poster deleted every post they made in the Topic, almost 12hrs after Bob closed the Topic, I clicked the Topic heading, and I guess it opened it from my history because the pix & FG's every post was still visible.

That was probably a function of my browser cache, but the other is a forum hiccup, IMO...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
JB - How can you say a "forum hiccup"? LOL I've noticed if I close all my iboats tabs and then undo closed tabs (Firefox), I get exactly what I had when I closed the tab..It needs reloaded to refresh with the latest. So it has to be cached data.

Kogs problem is different. As he said "Dunno' what (if anything) that means ... " It means he needs to run IE on his Mac. :wave: :behindsofa::pound:

jbcurt00

Staff member
JB - How can you say a "forum hiccup"? LOL
Because Forum Belch just seemed crass :D

Cache problem sure.... As long as you aren't saying it's JUST ME ;)

red CAPS are just to help it STAND out :facepalm: jeez....:eek:

Slow nite @ the iboats campfire. Good, maybe there are hundreds of guys & their families out ENJOYING a day USING a boat............... :fish2: :watermelon:

GA_Boater

We've had our moments, but overall kinda slow. Maybe they're on their boats in the middle of the lake watching Super Moon +1 day. BTW - It is YOUR CACHE, not mine. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I did manage to notice the super moon as I left work last night despite a 9hr day turning into a15.5hr day.....

THANKS, you & the Admiral agree: It's not you all, it's definitely ME ............ :watermelon: Have a great Sunday. If my job walk at noon goes well, 60/40 against that happening :blue:, the Sylvan may get wet again tomorrow early~late evening...

southkogs

Staff member
Glad y'all had a good time in here!

It's not a CACHE issue, though. I'm positive of that.

...It means he needs to run IE on his Mac.
It certainly isn't that issue either!! LOL. I'm not totally anti-Windows, but I really have become a Mac snob. I got back on this platform right about 10 years ago, and while I still use Windows (I've got 7 running on the the Mac for a software suite I use at work) I really find a lot of holes in the OS.

Because Forum Belch just seemed crass :D
... I feel really sheepish now. I've been callin' 'em forum FARTS for a month now. If "BELCH" was too crass, :eek:

Slow nite @ the iboats campfire. Good, maybe there are hundreds of guys & their families out ENJOYING a day USING a boat...............
Exactly what I did today!! Worked on the yard in the morning, and this afternoon the Admiral's staff and I went out and did a little water skiing (#2 daughter finally figured it out) and "disking."

... Maybe they're on their boats in the middle of the lake watching Super Moon +1 day.
... and then I dropped the kids off at home, and the Admiral and I took a moonlight cruise under that big ole' moon. She wore a beautiful sun dress she got late last year and so I had the prettiest girl, a glass smooth lake and a big bright moon.

Got myself a little lost in the dark on a portion of the lake I'm not that familiar with. Tried tellin' the Admiral I knew where there were some submarine races we could watch, but she seemed to be on to me. So, I got the chart out and found my way back on course in about 10 minutes or so.

Y'all have a good Sunday. I'm sure I'll peek in after church.

GA_Boater

Submarine Races - Showing your age, Kogs. LOL Good to hear you're having a good weekend. See ya tomorrow.

southkogs

Staff member
Submarine Races - Showing your age, Kogs ...
I either had to find a reason to be lumbering around looking as though I was searching for something, or admit I was lookin' around wondering, "where the devil am I?" That was the best I could come up with.

GA_Boater

Just remember to squint like you're peering into the distance. Bug-eyed and the Admiral will know the truth. :redface-new: