Smart phone credit.. none

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
noticed anything I post from smart phone access gets no credit.... ie- over weekend, posted about 4 times... # of posts remains and does not change.. why?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Same reason other features aren't working correctly just yet: high priority is getting the bulk of the forum working right 1st.

IE: Eliminating the posting errors that still regularly occur re'loading' or whatever is necessary to get posted pix back in ALL the threads, or allowing new pix to be posted via ANY of the available methods available (direct pasting, uploading via attachment or camera icons).Then any & all extra functionality will be addressed.

I am still befuddled by why the # of posts under someone's 'rank' matters so much to so many.... Esp since any number of the posts could be in the Dockside chat or technical Topics that aren't boat related. Thus quite possibly of no help in judging whether or not someone's opinion &/or statements are accurate or indeed helpful when they post a reply in a boating Topic...

Perhaps the 'complaints' about post counts are actually more about notifying the iboats IT & Mod team that something isn't working correctly. But they don't read that way. They read like complaints that it isn't working.

FORUM UPDATE*: It still isn't working correctly. It will still be a rocky, bumpy, stormy ride for a while. Hang on and let the waves wash over the boat. We are all getting just as wet as you are. ;) Okay?

BTW: IMO, constantly fielding the 'Why' posts & new Topics about certain aspects of the forum that aren't working as they should is likely taking time away from actually addressing those concerns, thus making this whole mess take even longer to resolve.

I am of course 'only' a member of the massed here, and this is my opinion & my opinion alone.

Iboats team: Thanks for the great improvements since the difficulties began, it is currently far & away better then it has been. THANKS

* This is NOT an official Forum Update, it is still part of my opinion.

Last edited:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
BTW: IMO, constantly fielding the 'Why' posts & new Topics about certain aspects of the forum that aren't working as they should is likely taking time away from actually addressing those concerns, thus making this whole mess take even longer to resolve.
^ +1

Which is exactly why the Mods posted ONE sticky...to lump all the minor whines together....and maybe conserve the Mods and Admins resources for the big stuff.
I am not surprised, but do shake my head a bit, that so many don't have time to look around and get a grasp of what is going on and post there, but do have time to start a new thread with........minor whines. :)

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
The previous post was from my phone and my post count did go up.

What phone are you using?

toneeees

Administrator
I see you now have 3 more posts, are you using a PC? Maybe the post count changes... very slowly.