Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Due to a time limit on the editing system, If any forum member would like some help with changing your topic title or post, please let an iboats moderator know either in here, flagging the post or by private message with what you'd like it to say so we're able to copy and paste it easily. Thank you, iboats moderator team.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Due to a time limit on the editing system, If any forum member would like some help with changing your topic title or post, please let an iboats moderator know either in here, flagging the post or by private message with what you'd like it to say so we're able to copy and paste it easily. Thank you, iboats moderator team.

Cant seam to figure out how to edit the title of my own thread.. Old software had a button to 'go advanced' and allow you to edit the first post in your thread and change the title, but it doesnt seam to work for me now with the new software.. is it a mod/admin only thing now? Overall the site does seam to be working better/faster the last few days, and I can imagine this falls low on the list of things to sort out, just thought I'd mention it.. Of course, the problem may simply be ME.. and may just need some help/instruction here...
    Last edited by bigdirty; July 16th, 2014, 03:54 PM.
    If I had all the money I've ever spent on boats over the years, I would spend it all on boats. Yup, because I'm stupid like that..

Originally posted by bigdirty View Post
    Cant seam to figure out how to edit the title of my own thread.. Old software had a button to 'go advanced' and allow you to edit the first post in your thread and change the title, but it doesnt seam to work for me now with the new software.. is it a mod/admin only thing now? Overall the site does seam to be working better/faster the last few days, and I can imagine this falls low on the list of things to sort out, just thought I'd mention it.. Of course, the problem may simply be ME.. and may just need some help/instruction here...
    Once you click Edit the title should be in an edit box, change it and save. They made it easier for us to change titles. Something is easier.
    Edit: Big - I missed saying to edit post #1 for changing the title.
    Last edited by Fun Times; July 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM. Reason: Condensing topic
    BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Nope, it wont let me delete/change any text in the title box...
      If I had all the money I've ever spent on boats over the years, I would spend it all on boats. Yup, because I'm stupid like that..

Comment

Originally posted by bigdirty View Post
        Nope, it wont let me delete/change any text in the title box...
        As a test, Are you able to change the title of this topic by clicking on edit and inputting what you want it to say in the title line?

If you'd like help, post a link to your topic in here and what you'd like the title to say now and we'd be happy to take care of it for you.

OEM Quality Gear Lubes And Greases Available @ iboats.com - BOAT SPECS - FORUM GUIDELINES - Volvo, OMC & Merc Stern Drive Technical Information For DIYers. - OEM VOLVO PARTS POWERED BY iBOATS.COM - All OEM Parts / Parts Lookup Now Available Through iboats.com -

Comment

I reviewed the usergroup settings and you should be allowed to edit the title of your post.
          Shop at iboats.com

Comment

So I can change THIS thread's title, but still not able to change my other thread.. I click edit, but get the title showing up in faded text, (circled in the pic) and can not make any changes to it... (the rest of the post yes, i can delete/add text and pics if I want)

This is my thread i was wanting to change the title of...

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...o-refit-thread

Wanted something like;

93 Crownline 250; she 'was' dirty, but now shes clean and SPLASHED!!

The site IS working quite well fort he most part again, btw, many thanks.

Comment

Done deal, you dirty bird. LOL Check it out.
              BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
              Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
              That is what the forums are for.
              Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by toneeees View Post
                I reviewed the usergroup settings and you should be allowed to edit the title of your post.
                Hey there Toneeees, I just wanted to let you know that I also just helped someone else change their title due to they weren't able to change theirs either in the Mercruiser forum.
                Last edited by Fun Times; July 17th, 2014, 05:32 AM.
                OEM Quality Gear Lubes And Greases Available @ iboats.com - BOAT SPECS - FORUM GUIDELINES - Volvo, OMC & Merc Stern Drive Technical Information For DIYers. - OEM VOLVO PARTS POWERED BY iBOATS.COM - All OEM Parts / Parts Lookup Now Available Through iboats.com -

Comment

Sounds like it might a forum permissions issue, I will check forum permissions.
                  Shop at iboats.com

Comment

It looks like the poster has 6 hours to edit the title after posting.
                    Shop at iboats.com

Comment

I have the same issue, I just spashed my winter project and I want to update my title to "1956 Duratech S-13R "Project: Pop Can" SPLASHED"

This is my thread: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...roject-pop-can

Comment

Originally posted by luke000 View Post
                        I have the same issue, I just spashed my winter project and I want to update my title to "1956 Duratech S-13R "Project: Pop Can" SPLASHED"

This is my thread: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...roject-pop-can
                        Hi Luke, I did a copy and paste of your above title change, is that how you wanted it to look?

Edit: Wow! Your boat turned out very nice. Congrats on a job well done.
                        Last edited by Fun Times; July 26th, 2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Times View Post
                          Hi Luke, I did a copy and paste of your above title change, is that how you wanted it to look? Edit: Wow! Your boat turned out very nice. Congrats on a job well done.
                          That is perfect! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by toneeees View Post
                            It looks like the poster has 6 hours to edit the title after posting.
                            Strange, I was able to edit a title several days later.
                            Bob, Seneca Lake NY
                            '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
                            '94 Grumman Fish'N Fun pontoon, 40 HP Merc
                            Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
                            Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBo View Post

Was that on the previous version?
                              Originally posted by NYBo View Post

I just double checked it and it looks like the setting is actually set to 15 days (21600 minutes). I mis-read and did not see where it said minutes, I assumed the setting was seconds.
                              Last edited by Fun Times; July 29th, 2014, 03:57 PM.
                              Shop at iboats.com

Comment

Working...
                              X