The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

nwcove

Admiral
my heart goes out to the iboats team....grey hairs must be sprouting prematurely for many! still a good forum, just needs the right front tire pumped up! lol

moosehead

Chief Petty Officer
Three months in, post formatting deleted ie: paragraphs morphed together as one, no editing functionality, posting threads function still groundloops.

toneeees

Administrator
Three months in, post formatting deleted ie: paragraphs morphed together as one, no editing functionality, posting threads function still groundloops.

Are you using a smart phone or table to make your posts? The post formatting should be working on all computers. Same with the edit functionality.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Are you using a smart phone or table to make your posts? The post formatting should be working on all computers. Same with the edit functionality.
I haven't tried to use edit today or yesterday on my phone, but I know I got error msgs on my home laptop last night when posting....

EDIT : for the last 4 or 5 posts this afternoon, no error msg...... (3:58pm EST 8/20)

EDIT2: the last post had error msg (8:30pm EST 8/20)

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
Holy cow! Not to jinx anything, but it looks like last night's maintenance has really turned the corner!

oldjeep

Admiral
Holy cow! Not to jinx anything, but it looks like last night's maintenance has really turned the corner!

How so? I've still gotten DB errors when posting today? What is fixed?

Edit - got one posting this

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
How so? I've still gotten DB errors when posting today? What is fixed?

Edit - got one posting this

Sigh. I guess it's still hit-or-miss. For me, it has been lightning -fast, with no posting errors (so far).

NYBo

Admiral
Back to frequent database errors, and total inability to flag posts (unless the messages are getting through despite the error messages). That strange ampersand thing in forum area titles never left.

rvaughn704

Cadet
First let me say that I know this is being worked on. But as a long time lurker here and somebody that has gotten a wealth of knowledge off this site it is still a Great Site.
But right now it is like pulling teeth to be able to post and help someone. I only actually registered on this site about a month ago. I joined for the same reason as everybody else. To try and help people save money. I know these issues are not the Admin's fault. But like i said it get very frustrating.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Still waiting on vBulletin guys. iboats has fixed what they can.... ;)

toneeees

Administrator
Still waiting on vBulletin guys. iboats has fixed what they can.... ;)
It is just as frustrating for us as it is for you guys, maybe even a little more for the IT team. It has been a long process, with some of the same errors around since the update. Please be patient and understand that everyday we work to fix at least one of the issues. We have upgraded our servers 3 times since the update, added more memory, bigger processors, etc.. Steps are being taken and we hope to soon squish all the bugs vBulletins software came with.

tanuki

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just a short note....when I post, I get the following message ---> There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified.

But the message does post. I use Windows Vista and Chrome browser.....hope this helps.

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer
What the hell happened to Iboats?

I used to be so easy to navigate now I am constantly lost. I am not the most computer savvy but this is crazy. Anyone else like the old layout better? I don't know if I will ever see this post again as it seems difficult to navigate the site. Just curious.

Barramundi NQ

Petty Officer 1st Class
Same here with the data errors, site personnel have been notified......... 8 times out of 10. Post does load but I always go to the next post or back one step by clicking on today's posts.
Aside from a few foibles, it is a great site with many experienced people willing to share their knowledge with strangers like me. This is the first forum I've ever been a part of and once I stopped making those early mistakes, then being corrected, I've enjoyed the ride so far. Looking forward to my boat being rebuilt soon.

Cheers from Australia
Kerry

Dunaruna

Admiral
Hi, not sure if anyone can see this post but here goes -
Not sure what is causing the problem, vbulletin or some other dark virtual magic, but i cannot log into iboats without using an anonymous proxy server. It has been this way for over 4 years now. I have noted that other members from my area of the blue planet can indeed login, but not little old me. I miss you guys.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Hi, not sure if anyone can see this post but here goes -
Not sure what is causing the problem, vbulletin or some other dark virtual magic, but i cannot log into iboats without using an anonymous proxy server. It has been this way for over 4 years now. I have noted that other members from my area of the blue planet can indeed login, but not little old me. I miss you guys.

actually that is why I joined iboats. I had a friend on another forum that couldn't log on and he asked me to log on and ask an admin about why he couldn't access. The mod gave me an answer that it was due to attacks from certain countries so they had to block.